PDA

View Full Version : Need LS1 for Motor State Challenge 6-17-11

ProBell
06-05-2011, 05:20 AM
I am looking for a LS1 that is ready to go. I would need it shipped to CT very soon or brought to the Motor State Challenge. I will put it in at the motel. I have had a tough year with drive line parts. Just trying to get some options to put the car together. I plan to go even if I do not bring the car.
Let me know what you have. Thanks Randy

66SuperSport
06-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Randy

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the car. No promises, but we'll start looking and see what we can find.
We'll see you soon, hopefully with the Camaro.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I am looking for a LS1 that is ready to go. I would need it shipped to CT very soon or brought to the Motor State Challenge. I will put it in at the motel....Thanks Randy

Dude - you amaze me (in a good way!). GL finding that motor. I will hunt for you as well. Any thoughts on budget or 'like to have mods'?

ProBell
06-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I am looking for cheep as I can. My motor I hurt is a stock 04 GTO LS1. The way I under stand it I need to stay with a LS1 because of crank sensor and electronics? Thanks Randy
Chris will you have the 66 done. The build looks great.

NOT A TA
06-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I am looking for a LS1 that is ready to go. I would need it shipped to CT very soon or brought to the Motor State Challenge. I will put it in at the motel. Thanks Randy

^^^ Now this is determination! Good luck Randy.

66SuperSport
06-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I am looking for cheep as I can. My motor I hurt is a stock 04 GTO LS1. The way I under stand it I need to stay with a LS1 because of crank sensor and electronics? Thanks Randy

Randy

The '66 should be ready to go, but it will be close. I haven't driven it since September and last year at Gingerman was the last time I had it on a track. Should be interesting.
I hope I can at least drive it around town a little before we bring it up there.
We certainly hope an engine presents itself, but make sure you come either way. That event would not be the same without you.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Now there may be a parking lot issue Randy. If you have a diff cam, head work etc you might need to flash your ECU either way w the new motor.

RS_Customs
06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Hope you find a motor in time!

Have a look at craigslist and call your local salvage yards, local ls1 tuning shops, and custom shops. I would think you could find a deal in your town to have time to get it together. Durability might be a bigger question with how we like to drive at these events.

Robert

ProBell
06-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Forgot about the tune thing. But my motor pretty stock so I would think my tune may work. I hope to have mine to the motor shop on Tuesday night. With a little luck he will be able to fix it in time. I am just trying to have some options. I do not want to spend $3000 on a motor only worth $2000.
I did have a friend offer me a loner but I would be afraid to brake his motor. ( I tend to be hard on my toys )
Thanks again for all the help and ideas. I will do some more looking around at work tomorrow. Randy

NvrDun71
06-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Any interest in a 9k mile LY6 6.0 longblock?

ProBell
06-07-2011, 02:20 AM
What is a ly6? Will all my parts fit it? Thanks Randy

NvrDun71
06-07-2011, 10:43 AM
What is a ly6? Will all my parts fit it? Thanks Randy

For lack of a better comparison.... it is basically an iron block ls2 w/ l92 heads. Came in 07-09 HD trucks. What are all the parts you were wanting to re-use?

ProBell
06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks, I am going to drop my motor off tonight to see if we can just put bearings in it. Looks like the most affordable fix. I would rather stay with a alum. block to keep the car as balanced as possible.

Thanks Again Randy

ProBell
06-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Just a update for fun. I was hopping to get the motor back tonight. The rings came in wrong. So I may get it for tomarow night. I am supost to leave at 1:AM Wednesday morning to go to Ohio with the family on my way to Motor State. I am hopping to get it back and have it in the car enough to put it on the trailer. I can finish it in Ohio or at Motor State. I will have to see what time the motor is done.
I will be at the event either way looking for people to ride with. Randy

See you all at the track. PM me if some one needs a spot. I will let it go if I do not get the motor. Randy

66SuperSport
06-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Randy

We'll keep our fingers crossed that you get the engine back in the car. I'm sure you will find that you'll have about a hundred helping hands if you can get it to Michigan.

bret
06-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Wow. Balls. I haven't had that level of ambition in 20 years. Good on him!

Ron S
06-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Good for you Randy, just fired, and cruised mine for the first time last night. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, and beating on an engine that isn't broken in yet. Trial by fire, get cracking. LOL

ProBell
06-14-2011, 10:16 AM
This feels like a cheep reality show. 2:15 I am on my way to get the motor. Will post results when I get a chance. See you at the track. Randy

ProBell
06-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Ok The first part went as planed. Thanks to Billy and Curtis at Performance Engines, They went the extra mile to get me the motor. Picked it up at 2:30, Don, Dan and Chris ( My hired pilot ) came over to help with the install. We had it running by 10:30 and loaded and on the road by 1:00am.
Part 2. Took it for a test ride at are friends house in Ohio. The harmonic balancer fell off.
I have a date with the local Chevy dealer at 1:00 to put it back on.
SO looks like I will see you all on Friday.

What could go wrong????? Randy

BonzoHansen
06-16-2011, 05:17 AM
You're balls out, kudos on your efforts!

John Wright
06-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Holy crap Randy.....the balancer fell off?....LOL wow.
I agree with Scott...kudos for the effort.

Bow Tie 67
06-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Oh yeah, cant wait to play cat and mouse on Saturday.