PDA

View Full Version : 1956 vette

camarorider
08-31-2004, 06:39 AM
I know I have shown this website before but since I have been following this I wanted you guys to check out the latest pics of the car put back together. AWESOME
http://www.timemachinesinc.com/56vette.htm
Go to the bottom of the page. This is such a nice car IMHO.

CAMAROBOY69
08-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Wow no kidding that car is awesome!! :seizure: They did an excellent job stretching the car out too and there is just so much they did a great job on!

Happyfunballs
08-31-2004, 07:48 AM
That thing is unbelievable. Excellent post, thanks.

Radio Joe
08-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Definitely good post!!!

That car is awesome!! I would love to build something like that! Too bad Old Corvette bodies are so expensive.... :(

phattires68
08-31-2004, 08:44 AM
Man, that thing sits down in the weeds! I realy like it. There is such great work all the way around but the seats look a little sparce. Not a hard criticisim... It really is an awesome car. I'm gonna check my lottery numbers to see when I get to build a car that cool.. :icon996:

Geeto67
08-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Great looking finished car. A lof of skilled work involved.

Ok, maybe it was the year I spent working for a vette restoration shop but here is what I don't get:

The original interiors on these cars are gorgeous, why everybody feels they need to change the dash layout so it looks like everybody's streetrod is beyond me.

The other thing I don't get is why was it necessary to use an original 56 body? Original 56/57 bodies are getting pretty rare and I guess I feel personally that they shouldn't be hacked to pieces when a substitute is readily available. The 56/57 body is available in reproduction already ready for paint and completely interchangable with the factory original (the difference between an original is the bonding strips, the new body doesn't have any). A tube frame is also available in the aftermarket but ti looks like they made their own, which I think is pretty cool.

hotrodgary
08-31-2004, 11:22 AM
All I can say is that vette is on BAD MOFO!! I checked it out at the Goodguys PPG Nationals.....just plain BAD!

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 11:50 AM
That is definitely an awesome 'Vette!

ProdigyCustoms
08-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Lemon yellow Cuda convertible with a Paxton blown Viper drivetrain including the independent rear and 6 speed. It was a 2 seater speedster (with a top) with the Viper dash, door panels, etc. It was pretty damn nice. It was on display at the turkey run in Daytona, and they were trying to sell copies for $250K each and thought they were getting an order from one of the biggest collectors in the land, a heavy weight collector in Georgia.
They do some nice stuff. I actually got a quote do do some sublet, and the price was very resonable.

boodlefoof
08-31-2004, 02:38 PM
Schwinggg!!! That thing is incredible!

Know if they're going to give it a grille? Looks kind of like a T-bird in front without it.