PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Advice

WICKED_SS
06-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Wanted to get some input on a few things im looking into buying very soon.

Upper and Lower Control Arms, I was looking at Speed Tech, Global West or DSE.... Is one better then the other or are they all about the same just choice???

And looking at Alston G-Link or the Prodigy Bar 4 link. Was looking at the bolt in type so I can do this at home. Im not sure but I was thinking some members had problems with Prodigy shipping things out.
Any Pro's Con's would Help me seeing that this is an area im just now looking into..

Thanks!
-Brian

rustomatic
06-03-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't want to sound like a bummer, but when you're making a selection, especially for your money, you'll want to be able to say, definitively, why this part you're buying is better than the one you're removing. If you're only after the point-and-look factor, by all means, buy the cutest control arms/linkage. If you're after specific geometrical and structural improvements, know what they are, and whether they will be found in the products you've put your eyes on.

In some cases, you'd be better off taking off your stock stuff, making some measurements, and sending your existing parts to a skilled welder for very specific improvements (like boxing/bushing upgrades)... We can all find very good handling cars (some that win races consistently) on this site with suspension bits that fit the stock configuration (not complex in appearance, but very well chosen and tuned).

I'm off to go weld some more cheap steel tubing under my car... Cheers!

ProdigyCustoms
06-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Camaro I assume? For in your driveway, bolt in, rear suspension, the only bolt in choice is the Prodigy Bar / Ride Tech Bar. And no concern on shipping out, we are solving that problem, they are on the shelf now.

For the front, there is a dozen choices and none of them are wrong. All the front control arms do the same thing. Brand selection may very well come down cost, timing and inventory as back orders on some brands have been vicious. We will have control arms on the shelf in 30 days and solve that issue also. Another front control arm choice factor may be conventional coil spring or coil over?

T-CHRGD
06-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Not all front control arms are created equal. Check out our SPC adjustable upper arms.
I suggest giving Mark a call. He will gladly go over your options with you.

PS. We also carry Chassisworks

DaneKirk
06-04-2011, 10:04 AM
If you got a Camaro consider the adjustable uppers from customworksproducts.com, they are sick and dope! They also have an array of other great products that have been tested on their Camaro test mule.

The rest of my suspension is from Pro Touring F Body, top notch stuff with good prices but you might have to wait for them.

CFster
06-04-2011, 11:01 AM
If you got a Camaro consider the adjustable uppers from customworksproducts.com, they are sick and dope! They also have an array of other great products that have been tested on their Camaro test mule.

The rest of my suspension is from Pro Touring F Body, top notch stuff with good prices but you might have to wait for them.

Those are SPC's.

CFster
06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
It's all about suspension pick up point locations up front.

Talk to Mark Savitske.

WICKED_SS
06-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Camaro I assume? For in your driveway, bolt in, rear suspension, the only bolt in choice is the Prodigy Bar / Ride Tech Bar. And no concern on shipping out, we are solving that problem, they are on the shelf now.

For the front, there is a dozen choices and none of them are wrong. All the front control arms do the same thing. Brand selection may very well come down cost, timing and inventory as back orders on some brands have been vicious. We will have control arms on the shelf in 30 days and solve that issue also. Another front control arm choice factor may be conventional coil spring or coil over?

Yes its a Camaro. Im using conventional coil springs, and I did like the Prodigy bar as far as a 4 link. Ill have to give you guys a call! Thanks

WICKED_SS
06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Not all front control arms are created equal. Check out our SPC adjustable upper arms.
I suggest giving Mark a call. He will gladly go over your options with you.

PS. We also carry Chassisworks

Thanks Ill have to see what you guys can do for me as well!