PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Central Florida

MyFriendScott
06-02-2011, 06:46 PM
So it's been about 2 months that I've been reading up, doing my homework, etc. here before my first post. Figured it was time to say hello before I try to contribute something of value to the forum. I own yet another '67 Camaro, my second one actually. I heard about this site from someone I met at a local Chevy show in Tampa 2 months ago. It's now one of my favorite pastimes.

I guess you're wondering what's with the name MyFriendScott. I'll tell you. My friend Scott passed away about 2 years ago at the time of this post. He was a few years older than I and helped me rebuild my first motor when I was 17 (I'm 40 now). He taught me just about everything I know about auto mechanics. Even inspired me when I was 18 to be enrolled in an automotive technology degree at a local community college where we lived. I can't even remember how many weekends and hours he and I spent in his garage or in my driveway working on camaros, chevelles, chargers. That was a long time ago.

I was fortunate enough to have a long-lasting relationship with his family, and the funds to purchase the car he left behind, from the family earlier this year. It's my way to remember him, and the times he and I cruised around in the car over 15 years ago. My name is David, and this is Scott's camaro in the condition he left it.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMAG0091-1.jpg

I don't plan on making it a full fledged pro-touring car, but I do have the bug that's for sure. Thanks for listening.

killer67
06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Cool story! Welcome aboard David! Nice tribute to Scott

CruizinKev
06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Cool story! Welcome aboard David! Nice tribute to Scott
x2 :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs welcome aboard David!

Dobster
07-30-2011, 04:33 AM
Welcome aboard! Very nice ride.