PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Touring F-Body.com, aka Gen II Racing Products

SD455
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Anybody else here have trouble with PTFB? I bought a few items and ended up with stuff that doesn't fit,when I have tried contacting him regarding a return /exchange have had no response. 5 emails,and nothing...not even a KMA? Is this how we do business these days?

Disappointed.

Henesian
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
What did you buy?

SLO_Z28
05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Ive never heard of his stuff not fitting, what specifically doesn't fit, or is having problems?

I have his springs, shocks, upper a-arms and rear sway bar, and it all fit great.

1981silverz28
05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I got his G-brace , cowl brace,sway bar brace and sub frame connectors and they fit great . What did you get ?

prosuperstar
05-31-2011, 07:39 PM
You should probably call him. I tried emailing a few times with no response so I called and he told me he was having computer problems.

SD455
05-31-2011, 10:05 PM
I bought G braces and an air cleaner base for my shaker. I have tried calling,and left more than 5 emails with no response. The G braces were way off,and we talked about why. The shaker base did not fit but thats a tuff one, I can live with the fact that the parts don't fit, but the lack of any response just is not right. Regardless of how good or bad the parts are,the service,or lack of it, is disappointing .

DaneKirk
06-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I have all his stuff except uppers and sway bars. It took about 3 months to get everything. Top notch stuff so far, just be prepared to wait because Dave is swamped with orders and he has some supply chain issues.

SD455
06-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I wish someone would explain to me why a 3 month wait to receive parts became acceptable! These vendors/resellers can claim supply problems and being too busy all they want, but I'm sorry if a vendor is that busy they need to hire more help. And if they are having supply issues they need to get tough with their supplier or find a different supplier.
I agree,but what really pisses me off is when you buy something,and have an issue then can never get a response or strait answer. I pay fair prices,and expect good product and a reasonable level of service. Dave finally responded with a one line e mail stating that he said all I needed to do was return the parts. Sure I will pay to ship the parts that don't fit to a guy who doesn't return e mail or answer the phone......? And I should expect that he will make the effort once he has the parts AND the money?

Lowend
06-04-2011, 09:54 PM
He's an honest guy.... just not good with email.

FYI - the G-braces do take a bit of fitment on any car.

SD455
06-04-2011, 11:26 PM
He's an honest guy.... just not good with email.

FYI - the G-braces do take a bit of fitment on any car.

They were beyond fitment on my car,and I have a friend who tried a few sets with no luck. He may be an honest guy, I refuse to waste time on that kind of nonsense.

newmexicosaint
06-05-2011, 04:56 AM
Wow man, I am a little disappointed to read this. I was sure he was the way to go but I don't know now. Isn't he a site sponsor? I would think he would respond to the issue in this thread! How disappointing...

vidguy
06-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm with SD455 on this.. I hate spending money and getting poor service..
I try to support folks that uspport the hobby also.. but I had issues I handled both personally with PTFB and posted publicly due to no responses via phone or email.

I bought his front suspension kit and had to call and get replacements of both tie rod connectors which were not threaded deep enough to allow me to tighten the tie rods.
That was a hard to figure out problem...

I had to wait a while to get those replaced.

I also found that the ball joints he had sent were too long. This has been discussed..

After trying to get a reply via phone and email, I simply went and bought Moogs at the parts store. They came with instructions and washers showing how you may have to use washers to make the ball joints fit. PTFBs had no such instruction. I then looked at my old kit instructions/notes from when I did my GTO 10 years ago and the MOOGS came with instructions.

So since I had his upper BJ's installed... I went ahead and added the washers from the MOOG kit and using a Snap on Torque wrench set to the proper torque I very easily stripped the threads on his Upper Ball joint..

After removing both his ball joints, now that I did not trust either of them... I installed the new MOOGS, first comparingthem (still have them) ..they did not they look like the Moog parts I bought. I'm fairly sure he advertised these were MOOG ball joints in his kits..

I was less then impressed in his level of service. Businesses need to be able to deal with customers.. that's the deal. You pay for it, you should get what is promised, warranty and correct parts included. He may be a very nice guy. making great parts, but I have gotten better value elsewhere.

parsonsj
06-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Pro-Touring F-Body.com is not a sponsor here. I doubt you can expect any reply from this thread, though I suppose anything is possible.

newmexicosaint
06-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Pro-Touring F-Body.com is not a sponsor here. I doubt you can expect any reply from this thread, though I suppose anything is possible.

OK John...I just clicked on the GEN II sponsor tag to the right of the forum and it takes me to the PTFB website...what am I missing?

parsonsj
06-05-2011, 07:47 PM
My bad. I didn't know that Gen II was the same thing.

My apologies! I should have known that.

And... according to site rules, I am moving the thread into the feedback section, and now this thread will become moderated. All posts from now on have to be approved in advance.

Here's a link to the rules as they apply now:

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?78767-Feedback-Read-before-posting

CRead01
06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I have always had great response from dave at ptfb. I am a little suprised that there is a problem. hopefully it gets resolved.

SD455
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
My bad. I didn't know that Gen II was the same thing.

My apologies! I should have known that.

And... according to site rules, I am moving the thread into the feedback section, and now this thread will become moderated. All posts from now on have to be approved in advance.

Here's a link to the rules as they apply now:

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?78767-Feedback-Read-before-posting

What happened to this thread? It doesnt appear in Feedback, or in Todays posts anymore?

parsonsj
06-09-2011, 09:13 PM
What happened to this thread? It doesnt appear in Feedback, or in Todays posts anymore?I've approved the last two posts. All should be well now.