PDA

View Full Version : Another bird has left the Musclerodz nest. 79 Formula this time

MuscleRodz
05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Just put the finishing touches on this beauty. Started out as a beatiful stock restoration, but the owner decided he needed more performance. We put the car on the lift, and removed everything required to go faster and corner harder. For power, we installed a new GM crate LS3/480 engine, GM crate 4L65E tranny, GM serpentine system, GM ecm controller and supermatic tcm for the tranny. We handbuilt the custom headers, and Magnaflow handles the tunes out the tail pipes. For better handling, DSE subframe and quadralink take car of the corners. Boze Mesh 3 piece wheels mounted on Pirelli Rosso rubber, 3.50 gears out back for decent mileage, and Bear 6 piston brake haul it down as fast as it accelerates.

What started out as just a nice ride, this baby is now bad to the bone in every way. To be honest, I have not been a huge fan of the shovel nose, but if Icould get into Goodguys with one of these, this bird would have a similar sister. These are just a few pics, but if you want to see a bunch more, you can check them out over at hubgarage.com in our garage.

Ron.in.SoCal
05-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Nice work Mike! Congrats...:thumbs:

WS6
05-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for helping me visualize what my 79 will look like with DSE parts on it Mike. :) The car does look great. Good job.

LeighP
05-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Looks great, I like that its still wearing the factory W50 appearance package...looks stock, but it will sure outperform any stock 79. :)

killer67
05-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Where's Wes? He has to see this!