PDA

View Full Version : Headlight/Electrical Problem, Help Please

Sled14
06-19-2005, 01:05 PM
On my Cougar, one side of the front lights (high beam, low beam, turn signal) is noticeably brighter than the other side. The passengar side lights are not as bright than the driver side. I've replaced my headlight switch but that didnt make a difference.

Also, the turn signal indicators are usually very dimly lit, and sometimes the drivers side turn signal indicator gets a little brighter, then when I turn the signal on just so it flashes once, it will go back to being just dimly lit.

If anyone could offer advice on how to fix this problem, I would really appreciate it.

morrisclassic
06-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Check your ground wires to the lights. Make sure you have good clean body ground wire connections.

Billy

CAMAROBOY69
06-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Thats where I would start too. Sounds like corroded or loose wires or bad bulb.
Sometimes a bad headlight can have the same results. Swap your headlights from driver side to passenger side to see if thats the problem. If you swap them and the passenger side of the car is still dim then you know thats the problem.
After that swap the turn signal bulbs to make sure they arent the problem.

Sled14
06-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the help guys,

I think when Tweeter installed my stereo system they shorted out the electrical system, because I put in new front corner/parking sockets and now the signals work fine and do not gain power when I play with the turn signal switch