PDA

View Full Version : Why????

Little Bob
08-31-2004, 04:52 AM
:dunno: I just don't understand some people.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20040830/od_nm/decapitation_dc (http://)

Little Bob
08-31-2004, 05:09 AM
I messed up with the link. :doh:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20040830/od_nm/decapitation_dc

mikesz
08-31-2004, 05:50 AM
:dunno: I just don't understand some people.

thats local to me...

Little Bob
08-31-2004, 06:14 AM
What are they saying on your news?

68RallySport
08-31-2004, 09:13 AM
thats just plain sick. Some ted kennedy *****...

mikesz
08-31-2004, 09:58 AM
What are they saying on your news?

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/cobb/0804/31mariettafatal.html

mike

68RallySport
08-31-2004, 10:33 AM
link is to a sign up page....

mikesz
08-31-2004, 11:59 AM
link is to a sign up page....

i guess you have to sign up then...

Freak traffic death probed
Cobb police mostly mum on decapitation

By BRENDEN SAGER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/30/04

Francis Daniel Brohm loved to work on cars, and that passion became his profession.

"He just always wanted to be a mechanic," said his father, Dan Brohm.

Inebriated drivers can be unaware

Francis Brohm was a hard worker. He started as a porter at Marietta Jeep, where he ran errands before he was promoted to the mechanic's apprentice program.

When he wasn't working, he also relished his role as a social director of sorts, said Elizabeth Brohm, his younger sister. He was the one, she said, who made the calls to recruit friends for a night out.

Early Sunday morning, after spending a night with one of his friends watching a NASCAR race and visiting a bar in Marietta, Brohm was decapitated when he leaned out of the passenger side of his friend's pickup truck and struck the support wire of a telephone pole, police say.

Brohm's friend, John Kemper Hutcherson, drove 12 miles to his house and went to sleep, leaving his pickup truck parked overnight in his driveway with the body of his friend hanging out the passenger window, Cobb County police say.

A neighbor walking with his 1-year-old daughter saw Brohm's body about 8 a.m. Sunday and called police, who later found the severed head at the accident site on Canton Road.

Hutcherson, 21, of Marietta remains in jail on $100,000 bond. He is charged with first-degree vehicular homicide and driving under the influence of alcohol in the death of his 23-year-old friend, who also lived in Marietta.

Cobb police released scant evidence on the case Monday. They would not say where the men watched the auto race and were still investigating what occurred at Runaround Sue's, the bar the two left Sunday morning.

They also would not cite any reason why Brohm was hanging out the passenger window when he struck the wire. The friends were about a half-mile from Runaround Sue's, police said, when Hutcherson's pickup truck ran off Canton Road, traveled about 10 feet and hit the support wire.

The only damage to the vehicle was to the mirror on the passenger side. Hutcherson was not injured in the accident, police said, though he appeared in court Monday with a large shaved spot on an otherwise full head of hair.

"There is no injury to his head," said Cobb police Cpl. Brody Staud. "As to why his head was shaved, that I cannot tell you."

Staud said blood-alcohol evidence is routinely taken in serious traffic accidents, though the results might not be available for weeks.

Brohm's father said he feels no animosity toward Hutcherson or his family. "It is just a bad situation, and we have to move on," Dan Brohm said.

Hutcherson's family would not comment on the case. A woman who answered the telephone at the family's home on Fox Hound Chase near Johnson Ferry Road hung up Monday. Family members did not answer the door or respond to written requests for interviews.

On Monday morning, Cobb police detectives were at Runaround Sue's, waiting to talk to owner Dave Ulmer.

The bar's large parking lot fills up quickly on weekend nights, neighbors said Monday, and traffic spills over into other businesses' property up and down Church Street Extension.

Ulmer said Sunday that he did not believe either of the men were served alcohol at his establishment Saturday night. Cobb police would not comment on their investigation at the bar.

Marietta police said they have had few calls to monitor the bar or respond to incidents there.

A manager at a neighboring store, Eilzabeth's Feed and Seed, said she feels confident that Ulmer takes precautions to manage drunkenness.

"I used to work there, and I can tell you they're all about checking you out," said Keely Holcombe.

Besides having bouncers monitoring the door and interior, she said, Ulmer has a courtesy van to take intoxicated patrons home.

"That's why, when I heard about this, it was a real surprise."

— Staff writers Gary Dorsey, Mike Morris and Clint Williams contributed to this article.

mike

Little Bob
08-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks for getting us all the info on this terrible tragety. What a waste of life for both parties.