PDA

View Full Version : Front suspension help

Northern Goat
05-23-2011, 07:28 PM
I have a 71 firebird with a LQ9 swap, DSE control arms and a complete 2" drop small block Hotchkis TVS suspension. I thought the car sat high when the front sheet metal and interior were installed, but thought the car would settle. The distance from the ground to the bottom of the fenders in 29" on 25.7" wheels and tires. I finally test drove the car today and it rode like a dump truck, I did not feel any movement in the front suspension. My buddy and I, who weigh over 500 lbs combined, pushed on the rad support and no movement. We looked at the spings and the coils are extremely close together and they look to be very close to the same diameter of the big block springs we have sitting around. Could Hotchkis have sent me BB springs by mistake? Any other ideas?

67rally
05-24-2011, 03:50 AM
Ride height - Are the springs seated in the pocked correctly?

The coil springs should have a model number inprinted on them, but I don't know if they will be visable when set up in the car. Only way to know for sure would be to drop them out if you can't identify them.

Have you lightened the front end (aluminum block/radiator/battery in trunk, etc?) What are you using for shocks?