PDA

View Full Version : More new items from VaporWorx

CarlC
05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
First up is a complete kit for Gene (newmexicosaint.) This PressureWorx kit has just about every trick available. PressureWorx is a 1:1 fuel vs. manifold pressure rising-rate system, just like a manifold referenced mechanical pressure regulator. It uses a modified CTS-V pump (think twin 190lph pumps) for the heavy lifting, and a 1bar, N/A, VaporWorx signal conditioning module. The SCM design has been done so that in the future if (when) Gene decides to put a little boost on the engine, it can be re-adjusted to a 2 or 3bar MAP. No new SCM needed for each MAP sensor. The electrical plugs are all OE Delphi, and all wiring is included. Gene's kit has WeatherPack connectors since this controller was run in the Camaro for several hours to confirm several new tests, so he gets a few bonus parts.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

More PWM controllers are due in to me soon. I'm working my way down the list as orders were received. Thank you to those that have been patiently waiting.

The next is an aluminum fuel module mounting ring. It's larger than the stainless ring, both in diameter and thickness, in order to reduce warpage during welding. It's intended to weld from the top. It will be welded to a plate to determine how much it warps. The leg on the RH side is not bent. The angle of the photo makes it look that way.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Nessumsar
05-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Carl, these packages that you are turning out are incredible. If/when I ever need a "real" fuel system, you'll be hearing from me.

CarlC
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks Jon. I've got a few more goodies coming if I can ever get the time......

Nessumsar
05-25-2011, 07:46 AM
If an extra set of hands would ever help, just let me know.

4MuscleMachines
05-25-2011, 01:54 PM
How much HP will that pump comfortably support?

Nessumsar
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Edit: It is halfway through Carl's first post here: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?77612-You-asked-for-you-got-it.-Three-new-VaporWorx-products.&p=776423#post776423

Excerpt:

"The CTS-V pump can provide 1200HP N/A and 960HP supercharged with a 10+% safety margin."

CarlC
05-25-2011, 08:07 PM
The 960hp supercharged comes with a caveat. It depends on the boost pressure. The higher the boost, the lower the fuel rate. It's best to send me the engine build info and then we can determine what would be the best route to take.

terrydmorgan
05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm installing an LSA motor from a 2009 CTS-V in my 1969 Camaro. The PressureWorx Kit looks like a natural fit for my application. Any issues?

CarlC
05-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I just delivered a PressureWorx system yesterday for a '68 convertible Camaro that's getting an LSA. The ECM will need to be re-tuned since the OE pressure command is different. For the OE's the ECM commands a specific pressure based on the OE programming/sensor inputs. The PressureWorx kit does not utilize ECM commands, hence the specific pressure that the ECM would normally see is not there. It's just going to take some re-work of the fuel tables. It should be on the chassis dyno in 2-3 weeks so we"ll have some better data then, but this should be a straight-forward retune.

Other than that it is a good fit since the CTS-V fuel module is built for the LSA. Using the PressureWorx kit eliminates the OE fuel system control module and the needed CAN buss network, voltage limitations, programming, etc.

terrydmorgan
05-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks Carl. Please let me know the results of your dyno. I will have engine, transmission and TCI subframe installed in that same 2-3 week time frame, so I will be ready for the fuel system shortly.