PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro restore..... I'm only 17 so I'm probably going to need some info lol

jonathan
05-19-2011, 08:43 PM
This is what I have did so far.... well I've done a lot more just haven't took pictures of it..... the spoiler isn't all the way done but I'd like to know others oppinions on it. It's made from steel that was welded to the car then fiberglass over top of that.... Going to cut it once it's all even then prime it of course. I got this car a few months ago when I was 16 and have been putting every dollar I get into it..... I am going for more of a pro touring look so if anyone lives in South Carolina and is interested in the corvette ralleys let me know.... I would possibly trade

craigs73
05-19-2011, 08:57 PM
only one picture worky :) looks like you need to separate them most people just use a third party like photobucket upload pics from computer to that site and theres a place you click to upload direct pictures.... glad to see a younger person getting into it

jonathan
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Hahaaa yea I fixed it a little I don't know how to do this I just made my account earlier..... There is a lot of answers to my questions on here..... so I just figured I'd make an account and see how it goes :naughty:

craigs73
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
looks pretty solid!! good starting point to work with you will find all the answer you will need on this site you might want to put a general area you live most do you will get it im not sure how you posted pics but i would try the way i said its pretty easy and the pics are bigger

jonathan
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks I will definitely try that.... I'm going to upload more soon but the car is pretty solid it has been sitting under a shed for 18 years and I paid 3,000 for it.... No holes from rust except in the back left floor board from were a rat was eating the seats..... but that was the only problem I really have other then that it is mostly just surface rust. I'm rebuilding a 454 right now to put in it.... it should go pretty good.

WICKED_SS
05-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Looks like a nice car to start, good luck!

Ron.in.SoCal
05-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey Jonathan! I had my first Camaro @ 17. Engine blew 3 months later and my Uncle 'made' me watch him and friends rebuild the motor. Then it was my turn to drop it in and get it running under his watchful eye. That was the start of many projects in my gearhead life. Props young man for taking this on. I am by far no pro, but if you need an ear or want to bounce some ideas shoot me a PM.

jonathan
05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Yea I'm actually rebuilding a 454 to put in it right now.... I know a little bit but not as much as I wish I did (: I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon thanks for the help and quick question how did the engine blow up? haha

craigs73
05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
hey johathan what your plans for the suspension,wheels paint etc etc lol

Ron.in.SoCal
05-22-2011, 10:27 PM
...and quick question how did the engine blow up? haha You know, it was on it's way and I just 'helped' it a little bit! :)

jonathan
05-24-2011, 07:04 PM
For suspension I'd like to just buy a new subframe or just buy a coilover conversion for the stock subframe... Speed tech has a really nice setup but I don't have that kind of money right now > :( I know I'm definitely going to have to get rid of my leaf springs with that big block and the 12 bolt posi that's in it, it will probably just snap them haha but I wana go to coil overs all the way around the car so I can drop it just a little and handle better and put some wide tires on the back I'm thinking 17 or 18 inch rims by 12 I'm not sure ab the front yet and for the paint I'd like to do charchoal grey but I don't want something that everyone else has..... Would there be any way at all that I could get sponsors for some parts? Like the rims or the coil over conversion.... This car will be in many shows once I'm finished....

makoshark
05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
The best advice you can get is to READ:) Read everything you can find about these cars. Dig through this site and Team Camaro. Also, forget about finding a sponser. You're basically on your own with the build, unless a family member wants to step aboard and donate a little. The Hotchkis setup is a tried and true setup that will not break the bank. It will handle plenty of power and can take a big block power just as much as a small block, unless you get radical with either motor setup. Being on a budget, I don't see you running a 700 horse big block. I have over $8000 in a small block. I'm expecting 450 horse from it, so that should help you gauge cost. Also, when going big block, your parts list just got even more expensive. The 12 bolt can take it with just a little tweaking. The 12 bolt is the go to rearend. Keep your horse wearing bowties and stay away from the oval stuff:)