PDA

View Full Version : New Exhaust (video inside)

ChevyIIMan
06-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Well I finsiehd up my Single Exhaust the other day. I will say I am impressed with the sound of that "Super 40" mufler.

In this video the idle is a bit high but you get the idea.

http://www.odiesgarage.com/Nova/images/Exhaust/exhaust.mpg

Kenova
06-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Sounds pretty good for a single exhaust. What do you have for an engine? headers?
Ken

protour_chevelle
06-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Why did you go single?

Sounds pretty good being a single though. 2.5inch exhaust?

-Matt

ChevyIIMan
06-18-2005, 10:43 AM
The engine is just a SBC 350, Vortec HEads, Mild Comp Cam, and a 750dp Holley. Has full legenth Headers. The system is a dual 2.5inch off the headers into a single 3inch muffler.

It will in the end get a tailpipe that will exit behind the drivers side rear tire. Why single exhaust? Its was something diffrent, this car has had everything from straight pipes to an H, X, so why not a Y pipe :dunno:

Kenova
06-18-2005, 04:20 PM
The engine is just a SBC 350, Vortec HEads, Mild Comp Cam, and a 750dp Holley. Has full legenth Headers. The system is a dual 2.5inch off the headers into a single 3inch muffler.

It will in the end get a tailpipe that will exit behind the drivers side rear tire. Why single exhaust? Its was something diffrent, this car has had everything from straight pipes to an H, X, so why not a Y pipe :dunno:
I agree....."why not". It sounds plenty good enough, and probably has enough capacity for your engine combo. You combo has the smoothest sounding 40 series muffler I've heard so far. I suspect all of the exhaust going through the one muffler may have something to do with that.
Ken

deadcarny
06-18-2005, 06:11 PM
I ran a single exhaust on my 95 z28 with a 383 (although a bit larger), I tucked the tailpipe up where it turned down right at the bottom of the bumper to make it a little more stealthy as well. Single tailpipes work perfectly fine so long as the area is enough for the engine to breath!

ChevyIIMan
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks, yeah I figure its enough for my combo right now, and with a tailpipe it should have some people guessing...