PDA

View Full Version : 70 Chevelle LS6 - Should I put an EFI?

meiwah98
05-09-2011, 04:46 PM
sorry, didn't even see the EFI section, this is a duplicate post in the engine section too:

70 Chevelle LS6 - Should I put an EFI?

I am building a 1970 Chevelle LS6. I am trying to make at LOOK "year correct" as possible (in appearance). The very few modern mods will be updated suspension, 5 speed tranny, MSD.

My builder is suggesting adding an EFI. This car will be a Sunday driver only. The question is, if I decide to sell the car in 10 years, would that future buyer be more interested in a stock LS6, or would he even care about the EFI being in there. I understand I would get a little better performance and little better MPG, but I am also questioning whether it is worth a $2,500.00 investment (approximately).

I know its easy to take off the EFI and convert back to a carburator at a later date, but just wondering if an EFI will affect the resale value of a LS6 engine (good or bad).

Car will not be driven in any harsh environment, the farthest it might travel will be approx. 200 miles (car show), and will have about 2,000 annual miles. Really just for weekend drives.

1970 TT Rustang
05-09-2011, 06:00 PM
well if you think about it a lot less can go wrong and the motor with fuel injection it will not be hurt due to being too lean and flooding. Pecise amounts of fuel i feel will prolong the life of the motor. My 2cents

Six_Shooter
05-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Most people now see EFI as an added benefit. I can only see this being even more true 10 years from now, when most people that would have owned carbureted vehicles as new would be in the minority.

I put EFI on everything I own/am involved in, my '73 Datsun 240Z, my 1985 GMC Jimmy, my 1984 Sunbird (first EFI swap), my Grandfather's '71 Chev pick (pro street), my Late uncle's 1923 T-bucket street rod is getting EFI, and my GF's '65 Mustang will have EFI when it's done.

meiwah98
05-10-2011, 03:49 PM
What brand of EFI have you been using, or will use?

jknight16
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I would consider the FAST EZ-Efi setup. With some careful plumbing and wiring, you can make it look very much like a carburetor when the air cleaner is on.