PDA

View Full Version : business has started finally!!

gmachinz
08-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Okay, I am officially opening my business tomorrow as Gmachinz Sales & Performance. I am still working with the website and am actively looking for a shop to renovate for my purposes-and those options are looking good so far. I am currently working out of my house on the retail end and I will be retaining my part time job until business picks up and remains stable. If anyone is interested in pricing on anything performance oriented, drop me a line at [email protected] and let me know what you are planning or may need and I'll get you some info right away. Keystone has a requirement that I have an active retail website in order to do drop-shipments so that is what I'm working on right now. If you want to get in touch with me, give me your email address and I'll call you ASAP! Please keep in mind that I may not be home at the time you call but I check messages frequently. If you can, give me a time when it is best to reach you. This is just an option for you guys on parts-I plan to be competitive with Jeg's and Summit but whatever capacity you need me in I will try to help. Thanks in advance, Jabin

Ralph LoGrasso
08-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Congrats, Jabin!!

MrQuick
08-30-2004, 11:10 PM
congrats Jab, hope you do well. This industrie is growing SO fast so keep yourself open to the future. I plan on opening a shop in 06 in Woodland so its going to be interesting to see how you do. I'd be willing to sit and talk to you about becoming my exclusive supplier.how long before your sites up?

BADVELLE
08-31-2004, 06:01 AM
:bananna2: That is great news, I wish you all the best luck in getting the business up and running. I am working on the same venture in the Kansas City area.

Don't you have the GTO? I believe I saw it at Des Moines this year.

CAMAROBOY69
08-31-2004, 07:08 AM
Congrats and post the goodies up so we can support you and keep your family fed. :) :yum:

phattires68
08-31-2004, 11:21 AM
Thats great that you are getting out there and providing a much needed service to the PT community. Don't for get about all the red tape Uncle Sam requires. I've seen some of the best people with the best products fall short b/c of the book keeping nightmare. You have definately thought well in advace of that though I'm sure. Definately post your wares here so we can help!

TonyHuntimer
08-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Congrats Jabin!

You have E-mail. :)

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

gmachinz
08-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'm working with Keystone on getting a site up which will basically be an online store where you can purchase through me and get product out next day usually. By next week I plan to be able to call orders in by phone and I can have product shipped to your door via FedEx or UPS (personally I like FedEx more-better packaging) the same day if phoned in before 4:00pm central time. So if anyone is interested, I can get prices on anything and have it sent out to you starting next week, so if this sounds interesting to anyone, drop me an email with your phone number or parts request and I'll see what I can do! :angel: Craig, I don't have a GTO-you may have seen me with my father-in-law's black '70 Monte. It wasn't in the show, we were just cruisin' through. -G

teamplex65
08-31-2004, 03:30 PM
was it this one? I am glad to hear you got your business up an running. If money ever starts to flow to the car again I will call you for sure. Is there a catalog online we can look at (Keystones perhaps)?

gmachinz
09-02-2004, 03:17 AM
I'm in touch with the webmasters for Keystone right now to see about setting up a catalog through which you can order from them through me. Until then I can simply call them up with a part number or request and get a price quote. I should have an online store up and running in no time, though. Thanks, Jabin

Richz68
09-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Jabin,

I know and understand that you will have parts shipped from Keystone, but where are you located? I know that you mentioned Central Time zone in one of your posts as well.

Do you plan to stock anything for a local walk-in shop or exclusively ship through Keystone?

gmachinz
09-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Rich, I'm located in Des Moines, IA. I'm working on locating a facility right now to open as a retail shop and performance installs. The first step is for me to develope the retail end out of my house to get set-up initially, then soon (like in a few months) be established in a storefront setting-then the shop will open up. But by no means does that mean I won't handle walk-in customers. I can order anything damn near for ya now and have it shipped to you in as little as two days or sooner. I plan to have Keystone supply me and I'll gradually make the move to ordering directly from the vendors/manufacturers themselves. I'm carefully constructing this business so it does not smack me in the face. :smoke:

teamplex65
09-02-2004, 11:11 AM
I am not sure what your looking for but my dad owns some retail/warehouse build to suit space in Johnston. They are very nice building, I am not sure if they have spaces available, but I can check if you are interested.

They are located north of North End Diner on Merle Hay Road. The road just north that connects Merle Hay Road and Beaver is where most of them are located and they have big red roofs.

Email me at [email protected] if you want more info.

Steve