PDA

View Full Version : Need a measurement on a 64 Chevelle Fesler Hood Hinge

gearbanger
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Can anyone measure the dimension from the face of the hinge where it bolts to the fender to the center of the hood bolt holes for me. I tried fesler but they would not give me the info.

Fesler built
04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Alex,

You called and asked for this measurement for a GTO, the measurement you ask for above is front bolt hole hinge on fender to front bolt hole on hinge on hood is 13.5 inches and the rear hinge on fender to hinge on hood is 8.5 inches. Not sure how this will help you in any way on fitting this up. you are trying to put this hinge on a car other than the 64 Chevelle. Hope this helps you

gearbanger
04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
What I asked was this, what is the distance from the fender mounting face of the hinge to the centerline of the hood mounting bolts on the 67 GTO hinge that you sell. I didn't ask for any measurement of a GTO. That distance should have been around 1-3/4".

The reason I asked for this was because I got a set of hinges from EMS when mounted, they placed the hood mounting bolt holes about 11/16" too narrow. They will not work. I know what the dimension of those hinges are so I figured if I could verify that dimension before ordering, I could avoid eating the shipping both ways on hinges that will not work for the car they are being advertised for.

I was able to get Ring Bros to verify this measurement for me and so I ordered a set from them.

Sorry.