PDA

View Full Version : T56 in a 69 Camaro

69FBDY
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I have a 69 Camaro that currently has a Muncie M21 4 Speed. I am thinking about installing T56 6-speed. I have talked to some people but have never gotten a clear answer about installing one.... If i were to put one in, would i have to modify the shape of the tunnel in any way? Also, can the original shifter hole from the M21 be used or do I have to cut another hole?

Rybar
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Talk to Tyler of www.t56kit.com he'll answer all your questions. I'm pretty sure you don't have to modify the tunnel and yes you'll have to cut your shifter hole further back (or elongate it) as the T56 is longer.

toofun
06-17-2005, 08:21 AM
If you are considering the swap let me know. I can save you a ton of money. I have a complete setup. Tranny, bellhousing, hydraulic throw out bearing, lines, crossmember, shortened driveshaft, master cylinder, clutch, flywheel, pressureplate etc... Everything you need to do the swap. I am going in another direction so dont need it. It has been in the for sale section awhile ago but a buyer backed out. Many kits out there are gonna run you 3000-5500 Depending on how complete of a kit you want. This one will run you 2400 with EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED. Just let me know if you want it I can be reached at 978-479-8319.

Thanks
Mark
TOOFUN

Hurst – Scott
06-17-2005, 02:54 PM
You should give the 5-speeds a look to, 5 th gear (overdrive) can get you around 2200 RPM at 70 MPH if you are running 3.73 rears. They will also handle 600 ft/lb and will pop up in stock concole postion.

Lots of details on this site for you:

www.ClassicChevy5Speed.com (http://www.classicchevy5speed.com/)

Hope it helps

Scott

PRO2R69
06-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Do you have any photos of the Transmission and all the parts, if so please email them to [email protected]
thanks in advance

CAMAROBOY69
06-20-2005, 04:03 AM
Get a T-56 you will never regret it. You shouldnt have to modify your trans tunnel. And like it was mentioned above you will have to cut a hole further back for the T-56 shifter. No big deal at all. I have Tito-Jones (Tyler) kit in my car and I dont have any complaints. Did you contact him yet?
Toofun is offering a hell of a deal and it looks like it really does come with everything you need. $2,400 is a killer deal for all of that. The only thing on his list that I see you will need is the shifter but those are cheap.

toofun
06-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Ill get you the pics but will need a day or two to get the camera and lay it all out. The tranny has been gone through and found to be sound. The whole package has very little mileage at all on it. I will send you the pics.

THANKS
Mark