PDA

View Full Version : New guy 1966 skylark gs turbo 401 nailhead also from mass

66larkgs
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi, My name is Paul and i built this 1966 Skylark gs. I got the car when i was 14 and i knew nothing about restoring and rebuilding a car. I went with the pro-touring look and theme because i want a car i can take on the Power Tour. I am currently a Vocational Automotive shop Instructor and have been fortunite enough to do what i love everyday and to teach kids while i am at it. I have had an approach with this car was that if i couldnt do it myself i would wait and learn the right way and do it once. well over the years the car gets put on the back burner and within the last three years is when i really started focusing on this car. Everything from lower door skins, winshield frame, rear taillight valence, rear wheel wells , and the hood had tons of rust and eveything had to be hand made.No aftermarket sheetmetal support for this car. The body work is pretty much all done and need to seal it and finish primming and getting closer for paint. It has a completely rebuilt Buick 401 Nailhead .030 over. msd dist, msd 6btm box, areomotive a1000 pump, exa oil pump for my intercooled rear mounted t67 turbo, tial wastegate, tial bov, csu carb, ev carb hat, It has c5 corvette brakes, kore3 billet hubs, tubular control arms, qa1 coilovers, 1.5 swaybars, quickstreet performance 9" rear with detroit locker and "S" case,3:73 , rebuilt th400 shift kit, and soo much more... This is my baby and hopefully be painted and cruising this summer.. My ADHD caused me to build a 1953 international pickup chopped and channeled with a sbc 406, 8.8 rear ,th350, custom build that i started with my students from school.
check out my photobucket
http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/66larkgs/.. need to update with current pictures

Paul
66larkgs turbo nailhead

The Stickman
04-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Very cool welcome to the forum.

CruizinKev
04-26-2011, 11:53 AM
welcome aboard!

buickfunnycar.com
04-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Waaay cool...welcome...love them old Buicks!