PDA

View Full Version : Willow Springs Saturday April 30th

DFRESH
04-17-2011, 07:11 PM
This is through Speed Ventures. I signed up and am going to try my hand at the road course--and possibly get a point by, or more likely, give lots of point byes myself---

Anybody want to go? I will be there.

Link

http://www.speedventures.com/default.aspx

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Doug

Chad-1stGen
04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Doug, you picked an expensive day lol.

I can't let you go to your first track day alone so I will take my tractor er I mean Camaro and plow up the track with ya.

I think SOWS is a great track to get your feet wet. It wasn't my first road course but was my first track to take my Camaro on. It's a lot of fun.

DFRESH
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Doug, you picked an expensive day lol.

I can't let you go to your first track day alone so I will take my tractor er I mean Camaro and plow up the track with ya.

I think SOWS is a great track to get your feet wet. It wasn't my first road course but was my first track to take my Camaro on. It's a lot of fun.

At last you shall have your revenge on Team OLJ. I better figure out a tow hook pronto cause I plan on being off track every chance I get---I hear that's how you get your picture taken--and you know me.

Team 225/35's.

Chad-1stGen
04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Doug

By the end of the day I'm sure you will be embarrassing me with better lap times on your 225 tire :).

Flash68
04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Would love to join but can't make it that weekend.... you kids have fun. Doug, should I send Rich down there for some ballast?

DFRESH
04-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Would love to join but can't make it that weekend.... you kids have fun. Doug, should I send Rich down there for some ballast?

Bud Light Ballast----LOL

rrelco
04-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Doug,
i put 2 on my El camino just removed 1 of the bumper bolts and replace it with the tow hook... take a look at my photobucket i got them from ebay

Chad-1stGen
04-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Overheard in the pits this morning by Mr. Renner:

I don't know about that black Camaro but the red one is bad ass!

The person came up a few minutes later to chat and was asking all about my magnacharged LS motor....

Damn you Carl! Foiled again and haven't even been here an hour lol

CarlC
04-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Maybe you should put a blower on yours Chad.

Just wait until Dr. Renner gets the one-leg-wonder out there.......

Flash68
04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Keep it on the track boys!

Chad-1stGen
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
One video uploaded so far. Made a ride report thread here:

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?79318-SOWS-4-30-report.-Big-Wanda-s-first-true-track-day-video

CarlC
04-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh, the haybales. Are they for slowing cars down or to heard them around the nasty dips/ruts/potholes that have been getting bigger and bigger?

Sorry to hear about your trans problems Doug. I guess it's time for a taco party sans Elvis.