PDA

View Full Version : Ok I finally did it. Now what do I do?

mlr1026
06-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I found a complete 2002 trans am interior for my 69 firebird. I know some of you did the transplant and I think I've read all the threads about it but what did you guy do about the wiring? I have just about everything from the car and I'd like to use the climate controls and instruments if possible. Also how did you overcome the a-pillar issue? And can deluxe door panels fit?
Thanks,
MLR

CAMAROBOY69
06-16-2005, 03:19 AM
The mechanical part of the dash is easy to install after you hack out your old dash.
The wiring part is a lot more tricky especially if you dont have the computer for the 2002 car it came out of. So far I have several items functional that I am happy with.
-Windshield wipers work from one of the switches off the dash
-Headlights, tail lights, all work with the 2002 headlight switch. The nice part about this is how I combined retro and modern. I am using the 2002 switch but the 69 dimmer on the floor just to mix it up a little.
-Heater works on one of the switches from the dash but will eventualy work from the heater switch. Very easy
-As for the gauges I will be installing silver autometer gauges and getting rid of the 2002 cluster.

Door panels should be fine but you going to have to install power window switches. I have the roll down windows right now but in the future it will be full power windows.

Good luck with the install.

johnejohn
08-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Has anyone used a 2002 camaro light switch, in a 68 Camaro? Any help on the Wiring swap would be great.

Thanks, John

CAMAROBOY69
08-09-2005, 04:01 AM
The wiring would be the same as a 69 Camaro. Get a wiring schematic for the 2002 switch. Thats what I did when I wired mine. Its a lot easier than trying to explain it. I even kept my old dimmer hooked up on the floor just to combine more retro and modern technology.