PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth - LT1/T56 from my 68 Camaro

GeoffP
04-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm thinking of selling the LT1/T56 out of my 68 Camaro to make way for an LSx/T56 and need some input to accurately price the engine/trans. I don't want to lose my tail on the sale, but also don't want to overprice it - I'm looking to give someone a fair deal.

They are from a 93 Z28. I converted it to the 94 PCM for sequential injection (better fuel econ) and just cause I wanted to do it that way. The engine has been rebuilt (by me) with about 7,000 total miles since the rebuild. I drove it daily for over a year while my IROC was in paint jail. It has been updated to the newer style Optispark (new GM unit) when I installed a Comp cc305 cam, LT4 Hot Cam Springs, locks, and retainers (the lightweight GM stuff). I also installed GM guide plates, Comp hardened push rods, and GM extended depth studs (to accomodate the lost depth due to the guide plates) and a set of 1.5 Comp Magnum roller rockers. The engine has been very reliable and runs strong. I drove the car to and from RTTH last year from near Augusta, GA (where I live) and got 24 miles to the gallon with 4.10 gears. The tune is pretty well spot on, starts easily in all weather conditions (sub freezing to 100 deg plus).

The transmission is just a basic T56, no mods other than I replaced the tailshaft bushing trying to troubleshoot a driveshaft vibration (turned out the pinion nut keeps backing off). I'd like sell everything complete with the clutch assembly, flywheel, hydraulics, etc including all the accessories (F-body accessory bracket) and a Bower's Rod Shop A/C relocation bracket for the F-body A/C compressor (moves it to the driver's side up high).

Before anyone says this forum isn't the best place to ask, I know this forum prefers LSx engines. I'm just looking for some honest input from someplace I value as a reliable source for good information. I really think this will get someone a great start (as it did for me) - it's just time to move on.

Added info - Anyone at last years RTTH saw me run the Auto-X on Saturday with this engine/trans combo. I got several positive comments on the engine sound and performance.

Thanks!

senor_camaro
05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
id say around 1800 if you still have it

94SNGLTURBO
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
id say aboyt 1500$
ive seen some nice ls1 swaps with everything ready to go for 1500-2000$

GeoffP
08-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Reviving an old thread since I'm ready to sell - $1800 seems fair for the performance parts I'm including. Thanks!