PDA

View Full Version : 65 GTO final weeks

crustysack
04-09-2011, 02:16 PM
well after an extensive frame off complete rebuild, an LS1 install, Global West suspension,QA1 coil overs, disc brakes, 06 seats ( front and back) all new electrical and wiring, Vintage Air install, rechromed bumpers, custom carbon fiber header panel, dash, center console, rear center console/subwoofer enclosure, tail panel (all made by myself) indash DVD with infinity components and amps, complete strip and repaint (14 months at body shop) new interior, new glass and every thing else that had to be done over the last 5 years I was finally able to bring my car to my buddies shop (Flynn Automotive Narragansett RI 02882 401-789-3596) for the alignment/suspension adjustments, posi rear end install, and some minor electrical stuff. I cant believe I will finally be driving this car in a couple of weeks:fingersx:

wmhjr
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Congrats! You've got to be watching the weather looking for some nice days coming soon....

19 usac
04-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Great looking car!!! perfect ride height.

JBCO
04-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Car looks awesome! Congrats on nearing completion :)

LeighP
04-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Looks great...love 65 GTOs. My favourite colour on them is the rare Iris Mist...looks so good.

Mr. Anderson
04-09-2011, 05:31 PM
That car is very awesome. Perfect stance.

gearbanger
04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes!!

Lenie
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Great looking car. Love the GTO's and your turned out spectacular. Congrats.

andrewb70
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Mmmmm. Stance? Perfect ride height? The car is on a trailer with the suspension bottomed out!

Looking forward to more updates and some pictures of the car off the trailer.

Andrew

crustysack
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Yes the car is to low. my front coil overs were all the way down on 2" drop spindles, and I believe the rear springs are like a 4" drop WAYYYYY to much.I am working on the ride height currently. I dialed the fronts up to a reasonable driving height and I ordered new springs for the rear. Progress wise the Eaton posi was installed, I discovered a leak in the brand new radiator(that I bought over 1 1/2 years ago so no warranty) but I'll have a local shop fix it. Brakes line ends were flared correctly and now she stops. after initial start up engine was a little rough ( has not run in 5 years)but has smoothed right out and sounds awesome. My gas gauge reads 3/4 full with about 2 gallons in tank( autometer phantom) not sure why this is need to do some research on calibration. but I should be driving within the month barring no major issues

Capown
04-14-2011, 04:44 PM
we need more pics plz sir!!! lol I worked 5hrs removing one side of my front suspension on my 67 LeMans and im tired hand tools suck for this!!!! I need some motivation more pics plz!!

=)

crustysack
04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Well got to take her out yesterday(mon) for the 1st time. Good news she runs great, purrs at idle and gets up and goes with minimal foot input, also stops great(bonus) Bad news-the ride is way to low and the front is to harsh, rear springs are on the way and I need to take apart the coil overs to get the spring rate on the QA1s to order softer/longer springs. Speedo not working, talked to autometer today and they think just crossed wires,. every thing else works great, sounds sick. I can not describe the feelings I got finally driving a car that I have been building for about 4 years. I am sure many of you have experienced this before and it certainly is a satisfying feeling. Cant wait to finish completely, work out all the bugs and show it off.