PDA

View Full Version : Wheels for a '67 Camaro

Little Bill
08-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Good evening, everyone. I am new to the forum and in the beginning phase of my redoing my Camaro, a '67 with 14" rims and drum brakes all the way around. Now to the ? I am thinking of beginning with a set of wheels, 17" seems to be the size used by most. My question is if I go with a 17" rim on front and rear what BS do I use to fit in the wheel well? 5"? What size width will fit? 8" , 9? I also will be putting on disc brakes fronat and rear in the spring but want the wheels so that when brakes are on I am set to drive. Recommendations on wheels and tire size to fit within the wells are appreciated. :icon996: :icon996:

thanks,
Little Bill

derekf
08-31-2004, 03:23 AM
Bill,

Take a look at http://p067.ezboard.com/fprotouringgmachinesfrm9.showMessage?topicID=421.t opic - some of our members compiled a list of what people have working on their cars...

BUT

As I mentioned in another thread, every car is different - manufacturing tolerances weren't that tight 30+ years ago, plus all the wear and tear these cars have seen since, the only way to know for sure what will fit your car is to measure your car.

Little Bill
08-31-2004, 12:55 PM
thanks for the web page and info.