PDA

View Full Version : 69 Pro-Touring Camaro DSE Alston Fikse Wilwood Ridetech

bg5512
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
1969 Camaro - Asking $55k

The car has received a complete tear-down and rebuild with only the highest quality parts. Built as a performance car and handling car. Started out as a relatively rust free car, but was completely dis-assembled and every little bit of rust or body damage was repaired. All new or reconditioned parts were used in the build. Detroit Speed & Engineering mini-tubs in back to fit huge 335 series tires. DSE front firewall plate was used to smooth firewall. Body is painted in metallic blue base / clear and is show quality. Over $15k was spent in body and paint alone.

Suspension up front is Chris Alston Chassisworks complete new subframe with rack / pinion steering, tubular control arms, forged spindles, Wilwood 14" brakes, Air-Ride Technologies Shockwaves. Alston subframe connectors tie the subframes together.

Rear suspension is Air-Ride Technologies 4 link with adjustable shockwaves and Wilwood disks with parking brake.

Air-Ride Technologies compressor system mounted in trunk with large tank and 2 compressors. 4 way adjustable control panel with 3 pre-set ride heights is mounted in custom center console.

Engine is forged 383 Stroker with AFR heads and complete Holley Stealth Ram fuel injection system with programmable Commander 950 computer. No expense was spared in the build of this engine and HP is estimated at around 475hp. Billet front serpentine system includes alternator, PS pump and AC compressor. Tubular mid length headers are ceramic coated. All new dual exhaust system with x-pype crossover.

Transmission is a Mad Dog built 700R4 and can handle over 500hp

Rear end is new powder-coated Moser 12 bolt Posi with 33 spline axles and 3.73 gears.

Wheels are new Fikse forged 3 piece 18" Profil 5S. 8" front 12" rear with Michelin PS2 tires 245/335 tires.

All new front & rear bumpers. New front Grille and bezels. Sequential tail lights. New windshield.

Vintage Air AC kit

Interior includes leather front sport seats and a custom made rear matching cover. Deluxe door panels. Power windows with switches mounted in custom center console. New headliner and carpet. Custom gauge cluster with all new gauges. New seat belts. All new Ron Francis electrical wiring front to rear. Billet shifter and steering wheel. Tilt column. Detroit speed adjustable delay wiper system.

Nothing has been left untouched and only quality components were used in this build. Three years, around $100k, and hundreds of man hours were spent on the assembly of the car.

Car is located in the Seattle, Wa area and I can be reached at 206-423-0174 (Brad)

ELVIS_PRESLEY
04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
You ever sell this little hot rod?

04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
just a piece of advice, a car that price should have some wire management in the trunk and interior detailed/vacuumed. GLWS

Finnan
05-18-2011, 02:04 PM

SOM1969
09-22-2011, 04:13 PM
perfect!

4MuscleMachines
09-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Looks like the buyer for the above car is selling it on Lateral-G

http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=33617

GregG69camaro
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
pretty sure this car was on ebay a week ago for a buy it now price or $45,000

Raider-ss
12-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey, Im new here. This car is on ebay now had a buy it now price at 45k. owner had to replace transmission and work and tune up fuel injection. Paint doesnt look the best. Anyone know anythinig about this car?

abomb
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey, Im new here. This car is on ebay now had a buy it now price at 45k. owner had to replace transmission and work and tune up fuel injection. Paint doesnt look the best. Anyone know anythinig about this car?

Looks like this sold, then sold again and is for sale again...

http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=33617&highlight=alston

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-Touring-1969-Camaro-Resto-mod-/300636043909?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item45ff4dfa85

talwell
12-13-2011, 09:21 AM
This is the car that never stops being for sale. I wonder why all the owners only have short time and decide to sell it. The last (2) have only had for what appears to be a month or two.

That air ride system in the trunk is a mess - if this is any indication of the qaulity of the rest of the work I would not be comfortable in purchasing it.

MarkM66
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
This is the car that never stops being for sale. I wonder why all the owners only have short time and decide to sell it. The last (2) have only had for what appears to be a month or two.

That air ride system in the trunk is a mess - if this is any indication of the qaulity of the rest of the work I would not be comfortable in purchasing it.

Engine compartment also looks a mess. Not to mention the interior likes like a car with 300k miles on it.

It's not hard to tell the quality of work done. But I think some people didn't look past the wheels. :screwy:

12-24-2011, 02:36 PM
The car is a mess

drc270
12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I wouldnt say the car is a mess. Just not worth near the asking price.
I would say its a good start for the right price.
My 69 is far cleaner than that and I would be tickled to get 30k.

12-25-2011, 10:37 AM
I wouldnt say the car is a mess. Just not worth near the asking price.
I would say its a good start for the right price.
My 69 is far cleaner than that and I would be tickled to get 30k.

Ok I retract a mess, it's a 25k car though

Nine Ball
12-26-2011, 06:52 AM
The second buyer (Tucker) didn't even drive the car once. It sat in his garage a couple months, and he sold it. I agree, there was a lot of half-assed stuff going on, no attention to detail. Fikse wheels and a lowered stance are like beer goggles to most pro-touring shoppers.

matt44golf
12-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey guys
I bought the car from Tucker. The winning bidder on ebay could not come up with the funds. I have decided to keep the car, and finish it correctly. This car is getting bad press, and for good reason. Some things are done really well, and other mods where thrown together (airride). I pulled all the air-ride out and completely re-did it. Im debating pulling the engine and trans, and dropping in a LS7 and T56. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im just looking for advice on next steps that would be recommended.

Thanks

cencalc6
12-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Congrats on the Car, it's a very Nice looking 69

A few things I would do, if the funds were there.

-Drop in a LS3 or LS7 mated with a 6sp
-Aluminum Radiator with Dual Fans
-Relocate Battery in the trunk
-Swap out the Air Ride with Coilovers
-Redo the Exhaust System with a set of Borlas or Magnaflows

JustinB
12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Congrats on the car Matt. Don't let all the keyboard cowboys get you down on the car. If it were my car, I would drop in a new aluminum rad w/ fans, get the battery in the trunk, and clean up the engine bay to start. Relatively inexpensive upgrades and you will wind up doing it in the future anyway. I would also get a double pass radiator (inlet/outlet on passenger side) just in case you decide to go LS, the inlets where you want it. Drive the crap out of it for awhile, then decide if you want to do a motor/tranny swap.

matt44golf
01-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks Guys - I ripped ou the interior this weekend. Car is really solid, no rust at all, and its all dynomatted which was nice. It took all weekend but the wiring is all cleaned up. I ordered a DSE battery relocation kit, and on Tuesday Im ordering a ron davis radiator with spaal fans. We will get this car back in shape. Thanks again

MuscleRodz
01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
We picked the car up from Matt today and he has decided to take the car to the next level. Look for a thread in parts for sale shorty.

01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
good to hear