PDA

View Full Version : Brright orange License Plate WATALFE on a Lamborghini....

rogue
03-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Just breaking in the drivetrain on the R1 Mini again and came across this guy. I typically dislike lambos and their owners even more. They are car jewelry.

This guy was no exception, His custom plate said "WATALFE" and had a lambo hat on.

I couldn't let him be the only one with a 9k rpm on the highway so I said hi the way performance cars do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3GxYwVI-XU&hd=1

Then just drove up to pasadena.. Love that drive. So many tunnels and its an old freeway,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPfr4nynpDA

Tony_SS
03-30-2011, 04:56 AM
haters gonna hate.

Steve1968LS2
03-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Why would you dislike someone just for owning a Lambo?? That's as bad as the Lambo guy looking down on you because you drive an "old car"... Does that mean you dislike SW and his twin-turbo Lambo? Personally I like all cars.. and all those that like cars. I figure you should have to earn my dislike. ;)

But I digress.. is that a GoPro? Pretty cool on the windshield like that, like a cop's dash cam. lol

NOPANTS-68
03-30-2011, 07:12 AM
I'll take the 'ghini......and I'll wear the silly hat too.

Six_Shooter
03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
haters gonna hate.

Werd!

Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me.

Also what you did at the end of that video is known as "The Ricer Flyby."

If I could afford it, I might own a Lambo.

I bet the guy in the Lambo was thinking, "Why does everyone want to race me?"

Cdog
03-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Lambo's thinking "Look at dis Phukin guy"! LOL!

Que pic of Paulie for Sopranos.

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0KvuVPtJBk

ace_xp2
03-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Guy jewelery is pretty lame, but a ricer flyby is pretty bad too.
That car sounds like it needs another gear.

Ron.in.SoCal
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I'll take the 'ghini......and I'll wear the silly hat too.

Agreed, but no hat for me. And Daign can do a video fly by anytime he wants...

John510
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
I would love to have a Lambo. Please drive safer some of us have babies in our cars.

ace_xp2
03-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Uhh, nothing to see here, move along.

Six_Shooter
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I would love to have a Lambo. Please drive safer some of us have babies in our cars.

Ok, so I wasn't the only one not impressed with the rest of the driving either.

twosaturns
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
so Rouge I guess not everyone feels the same way you do...
I think all performance cars are cool; my only feelings on the matter are the implication that the lamorghini's owner's happiness is derived from possessions. thats the sad part.

ssick chevelle
03-30-2011, 03:07 PM
WOW! thats was like a puppy golden retriever against a full grown T-rex. im sure he was in his car giggling at ya just like we giggle at the hondas and imports.......fail!

parsonsj
03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I'd love to have the means to own a Lamborghini. Maybe someday.

Van B
03-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Drove this Murcielago two weeks ago. Needless to say I could get in trouble very quickly if given more time with it. The sound is unbelievable...

Steve1968LS2
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Drove this Murcielago two weeks ago. Needless to say I could get in trouble very quickly if given more time with it. The sound is unbelievable...

Lucky *******... I had a ZR1 for a few hours.. suprised I didn't end up in jail.. lol

Chevrolaine
03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Me thinks your plate should say NEEDALYF. Seriously, a ricer flyby? lol

rogue
03-30-2011, 05:55 PM
so Rouge I guess not everyone feels the same way you do...
I think all performance cars are cool; my only feelings on the matter are the implication that the lamorghini's owner's happiness is derived from possessions. thats the sad part.

the plate was what inspired the thread and what I found humerous. Nothing more, No jealousy. I wouldn't drive a new lambo if you gave me one I'd sell it and buy a miura. Thats just me. I'm not into the whole car status symbol thing.

Lamborghinis lack of racing involvement bothers me as well. I just think they are man jewelry.

rogue
03-30-2011, 05:56 PM

i appreciate the murci.

rogue
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
WOW! thats was like a puppy golden retriever against a full grown T-rex. im sure he was in his car giggling at ya just like we giggle at the hondas and imports.......fail!

yeah cause the minis stock and all.

rogue
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Werd!

Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me.

Also what you did at the end of that video is known as "The Ricer Flyby."

If I could afford it, I might own a Lambo.

I bet the guy in the Lambo was thinking, "Why does everyone want to race me?"

don't assume things. Jealous played zero role

Steve1968LS2
03-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Maybe he has a great life in addition to being able to afford a Lambo.. great wife.. great kids.. just a guy happy with his life? Again, assumptions..

Not everyone wants to race thier cars, most just get enjoyment from driving them. I could argue that paint on a car is "man jewlery".. after all, primer keeps the rust off just fine.

I'm pushing for a happier "lets all hug" hobby.. ;)

Tony_SS
03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Me thinks your plate should say NEEDALYF. Seriously, a ricer flyby? lol

lmao. Well this thread didn't go as planned. I facepalmed at the ricer flyby too. Posted by a member here even... oy vey.

rogue
03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Guy jewelery is pretty lame, but a ricer flyby is pretty bad too.
That car sounds like it needs another gear.

I was actually trying to get him to rev so I could get a comparison of his redline and mine to 12,500 for comedies sake. A clowncar winding out more than a lambo is pretty funny, but the guy was too busy talking on his phone.

rogue
03-30-2011, 06:02 PM
lmao. Well this thread didn't go as planned. I facepalmed at the ricer flyby too. Posted by a member here even... oy vey.

haters gonna hate.

rogue
03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Maybe he has a great life in addition to being able to afford a Lambo.. great wife.. great kids.. just a guy happy with his life? Again, assumptions..

Not everyone wants to race thier cars, most just get enjoyment from driving them. I could argue that paint on a car is "man jewlery".. after all, primer keeps the rust off just fine.

I'm pushing for a happier "lets all hug" hobby.. ;)

My intentions for this thread were humor, a 1970 mini revving against a lambo. I wanted a rev back. And a part of me DID want to see him take off to see if the little booger would keep up.

Steve1968LS2
03-30-2011, 06:20 PM
My intentions for this thread were humor, a 1970 mini revving against a lambo. I wanted a rev back. And a part of me DID want to see him take off to see if the little booger would keep up.

Well, with the "dislike" part it made it seem like the point was different.. just sayin'

Although I take it on you word that wasn't your intent.. all aside, I really want to see that damn chopper at work!

Steve1968LS2
03-30-2011, 06:21 PM

I was on the 91 freeway cruising Penny today.. a V6 newer Mustang (all decked out).. Blew by me and zipped in front.. it was cute :)

LUACE
03-30-2011, 06:23 PM
this thread is f'n hilarious... i could only imagine the guy in the lambo rolling his eyes... the guy may have a great life because he works hard, has made smart decisions in his life, is a organ donor, gives 15% to the church, survived cancer and decided to buy a lambo... we dont know, but i am willing to bet that life cant be too bad for him... i personally cant hate. ALSO, there is much more than having a high rev'n engine, you need power too and all around performance. I am pretty sure that lambo is up there in all the categories, its an exotic car for a reason.

Tony_SS
03-30-2011, 06:34 PM
haters gonna hate.

lol no hate here, just lots of lol's.:)

ace_xp2
03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
That plate is not about how great his life is, but about telling everyone else how great his life is.
Which is kind of lame, because with a Lamborghini? you don't have to say so. That's kind of the whole point.

absintheisfun
03-30-2011, 07:25 PM
dunno...I would love to have a McLaren F1 LM, but would "settle" :) for a Lambo of any style would it be car jewelry? Yup. Would I enjoy driving it? oh yeah.

Would I show it off?
HELLS YEAH!
:6gears:

but I would probablly skip on the vanity plate.

rogue
03-30-2011, 07:40 PM
That plate is not about how great his life is, but about telling everyone else how great his life is.
Which is kind of lame, because with a Lamborghini? you don't have to say so. That's kind of the whole point.

bingo, as if the exotic wasnt enough

shmoov69
03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
All I got to say is.....extended wheelbase Pete at the beginning of the video!
THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!

rustomatic
03-30-2011, 08:10 PM

The sensitivity frequently comes from guilt--don't feel bad about actually having fun with your car. Apparently, people commenting have not had the opportunity to see the dozens of Lamborghini owners who have nothing better to do than cruise Sunset Blvd. (Hollywood). They are in fact quite lame. The Mini is awesome!

NOPANTS-68
03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
the plate was what inspired the thread and what I found humerous. Nothing more, No jealousy. I wouldn't drive a new lambo if you gave me one I'd sell it and buy a miura. Thats just me. I'm not into the whole car status symbol thing.

Lamborghinis lack of racing involvement bothers me as well. I just think they are man jewelry.

You don't need much racing involvement when you are owned by Audi. lol

Steve1968LS2
03-30-2011, 08:55 PM

Maybe he just knows the plate will cause people to start threads on message boards to discuss things they can only speculate about. lol

Seriously.. think about it.. :)

ace_xp2
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I think it's lame, It may not cause me to speed by stuck in second gear,:) but I will point it out.
Having a plate like that on a car like that says a certain thing. If it were a different car I may not see it the same. Just like having a "gangsta" vanity plate on a pink prius says something very different from having it on a lowered, wire wheeled Impala.

JJEH
03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Boys, don't judge people because of their car!!

I used to work as a Service Manager at a MB Dealership. Because it was a very "$$$ rich" area we also had customers with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, Aston Martin, AMG, MB McLaren SLR, etc.

Believe it or not but I drove all of them - unfortunately only for a couple times and not too long, ecxept the SLR - because the customers where concerned about noises, travelling behavior after tuning, running smoothness etc...

This customers are pretty nice people. They just wanna be treated like you and me.

Sure, there are some @$$holes out there, but there are @$$holes anyways, not only because of their cars!

If I had the money, hell yes - I would spend the 495,000.00 Euros on the SLR Roadster in my case! This thing is a beast... and pretty sexy at the same time...

Matt@BOS
03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Maybe he just knows the plate will cause people to start threads on message boards to discuss things they can only speculate about. lol

Seriously.. think about it.. :)

Haha...Maybe he will chime in, because maybe he knows this and routinely searches google for "WATALFE"

As for Lamborghini's lack of racing involvement (and there are a few in FIA GT1), I'm not sure why you find it bothersome. I've always felt people that buy a car based on racing heritage are just as concerned with status as those that buy it for "jewelry." They're buying the car based off the connotations of the name alone, which is kind of ironic seeing as street cars are completely different than race cars these days. I recently got a chance to drive an LP560 and 458 Italia and I found the Ferrari with all of the heritage to be a bit "boring" compared to the Lamborghini. Both did make awesome sounds though, which IMO, might just be worth the price lol.

That said, I can see the humor in it. I love playing into the stereotypes as much as the next guy, and quite frankly, I'm surprised he was wearing a hat. I figured it would mess up his fauxhawk, which usually has highlights to match his Lamborghini Jacket.

In the end though, I'm sure he's probably just another decent person...

Matt

ssick chevelle
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
yeah cause the minis stock and all.

No because u have a cute mini that sounds like a razor scooter and he has a beast of a machine. Funny hat or not. I'll take the lambo. No offense to any mini owners or urself

Flash68
03-31-2011, 12:54 AM
No because u have a cute mini that sounds like a razor scooter and he has a beast of a machine. Funny hat or not. I'll take the lambo. No offense to any mini owners or urself

That cute mini will blow your doors off I bet....

Gallardo a beast? Hardly... probably the most boring 500hp car I've ever driven..... I can't even get my buddy to get his yellow 05 G out of the garage... he's put about 8k miles on it in SIX years... yes 6 years.... it's got a great profile and stance, but out of the box, it isn't that impressive of a performer... that's where I agree with Dane... it's car jewelry.... and that's perfectly fine for some..... but I surely wouldn't buy it unless it already had a twin turbo kit on it, OR I could afford to install one the day I bought it.

79-TA
03-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Well, let's start out with the truth in this thread . . . most of your typical Gallardos have more show than go. That isn't to say they don't have quite a bit of go, but it is "dissappointing" nonetheless. On the other hand, some Lambos are very very serious cars out of the box. Lamborghini does not have a large presence in motorsports, but there are racing Lambos . . .

Matt already mentioned some of the GT1 cars. I now present Lamborghini targa cars.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/lamborghini__gallardo__superleggera-1.jpg

ssick chevelle
03-31-2011, 01:55 AM
That cute mini will blow your doors off I bet....

Lol suuuuuuuure! How much would u bet not having a clue what I run? Lol raise those pom poms a little higher lol. All in fun guys.

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-31-2011, 04:52 AM
In before the lock!

Steve1968LS2
03-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Haha...Maybe he will chime in, because maybe he knows this and routinely searches google for "WATALFE"

Google "WATALFE" and see what comes up.. lol..

Tony_SS
03-31-2011, 07:28 AM
This whole concept of a Lambo being man jewelry is absurd. Putting stickers on your car is man jewelry. Wheels are man jewelry. Paint is jewelry. Welcome to housewives of pro-touring. Enough with the shallow judgments and childish behavior. People need to get over themselves already.. lol.

twosaturns
03-31-2011, 07:32 AM
years ago when you might see a Ferrari tesstarossa on the road, a friend was cruising around in his GTI, and he thought he saw one way up ahead.

he was thinking "is it? is it?" finally he got close enough to see it.

the license plate said "IT IS"

Derek69SS
03-31-2011, 07:35 AM
This whole concept of a Lambo being man jewelry is absurd. Putting stickers on your car is man jewelry. Wheels are man jewelry. Paint is jewelry. Welcome to housewives of pro-touring. Enough with the shallow judgments and childish behavior. People need to get over themselves already.. lol.

Muscle cars are man jewelry...

Damn True
03-31-2011, 07:43 AM
I hate it when people are successful and happy.

Steve1968LS2
03-31-2011, 07:47 AM

I hate it when people hate...

ace_xp2
03-31-2011, 08:28 AM

I agree with all of those, I'm not big on shiny paint, shiny wheels, or stickers. I'm also not into plush interiors, big stereos, or random non aerodynamic body mods. Most of our cars can't help but be somewhat showy due to their age, I wouldn't show off any more than that.
Hey, at least I'm consistent :).

Six_Shooter
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM

The only thing I see is jealousy, when people hate on others for owning more expensive cars, houses, garages, watches, boats, tvs, computers, clothes etc, than they do.

6'9"Witha69
03-31-2011, 08:48 AM
i hate it when people are successful and happy.

lol!!!!

Tony_SS
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
I agree with all of those, I'm not big on shiny paint, shiny wheels, or stickers. I'm also not into plush interiors, big stereos, or random non aerodynamic body mods. Most of our cars can't help but be somewhat showy due to their age, I wouldn't show off any more than that.
Hey, at least I'm consistent :).

And I'm not knocking those. My Monte has shiny paint and polished wheels. Whether its chrome, carbon fiber or satin black - it's all "man jewelry" to a degree. So what. Haters gonna hate. Be proud of what ya like. Live and let live, and stuff. :)

Blown73
03-31-2011, 10:05 AM
I have been giggling like a school girl reading this thread.

I think what we are missing here is the actual reason we are here. Passion. We are all passionate about cars, what they do, and what they can do. All of us have different tastes in cars, what we want our car to "be". I would have never thought to put an R1 into a mini, that's neat. The passion for cars, specifically our own cars is what drives us to the opinions that are forming on this thread. Of course your own car is jewelry, as is a lambo, ferrari, Porsche, corvette,viper, blah blah blah. You wouldn't have it otherwise.

The rich sap that was driving that lambo likes lambos, and apparently likes to boast what a life he has. Granted, he is probably a douche, but no one knows that guy from anyone else. He could be quite a philanthropist and you may never know it.

The fact that he was unwilling to rev on you shows that he doesn't want to race the car (maybe for fear of losing?) and just likes to drive it.

Derek69SS
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
The fact that he was unwilling to rev on you shows that he doesn't want to race the car (maybe for fear of losing?) and just likes to drive it.

Not necessarily... I race my car every chance I get, but I rarely do so on public highways, and I definitely don't f**k around in traffic.

parsonsj
03-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I never race on public streets, not even for a little bit. I drive fast... all the time. Racing? No way. The consequences far outweigh any fun one might have dispatching another car.

rogue
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
says the guy trolling on the internet time and time again.

rogue
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Lol suuuuuuuure! How much would u bet not having a clue what I run? Lol raise those pom poms a little higher lol. All in fun guys.

170whp @12,500 RPM in a 1400lb car its not a slouch, in fact its the scariest car I've ever ridden in or driven.

rogue
03-31-2011, 11:20 AM
I never race on public streets, not even for a little bit. I drive fast... all the time. Racing? No way. The consequences far outweigh any fun one might have dispatching another car.

My intention was not for a race, I was going out to get some video of the car on the highway because I am selling it soon.

I wanted the lambo to rev back just to hear his 9k vs my 12k. Thought it would be funny. A little tincan mini and a lambo.

Tony_SS
03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
says the guy trolling on the internet time and time again.

Says the guy trolling on the highway.

mellowyellowCJ7
03-31-2011, 01:30 PM
My intention was not for a race, I was going out to get some video of the car on the highway because I am selling it soon.

I’m glad you added this, because I was amused that you happened to have video of yourself getting on a freeway. Track time, kids soccer, kids around the Christmas tree, and my car getting on the freeway. Finally, my video collection is complete!

6'9"Witha69
03-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Says the guy trolling on the highway.

Oh Snap!
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

mc84_zz4
03-31-2011, 02:27 PM

LOL
Too damn funny.

Damn True
03-31-2011, 02:41 PM

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/ThisThreadRocks-1.jpg

I think the circle is complete.