PDA

View Full Version : BristolVa/Tn Arrival now in the house

HoltFF1074
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Hello Guys,thought i'd drop a line just to warn everybody thats theres now a Pontiac Guy aboard and all should take precaution to safeguard themselves in the case of some random questions by this pontiac guy.Please let it be known i may not be fully responsible for my actions as i was induced with pontiac fever as a kid and the infectous passion has also spread to my lil brother and nephew as well.The only relief that has been prescribed for said condition is to fully indulge ourselves into the need to modify or simply even admire those ground pounding injuns from yesteryear.Please bear with me as my radical condition has me poking my nose in about any conversation/post that i feel may benefit myself or others during current or even future projects. That having been said,note that you've been alerted to my condition and it's only obvious i could return without notice.:)

My Project65 - 1965 Tempest to become a 65 GTO Restomod/Clone-
A Classic with Strength&Comfort

cobragt
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Welcome!

HoltFF1074
03-30-2011, 06:35 AM
Thank Ya cobragt,glad to be here as i've already discovered some helpful info that'll be an asset to my project65.

FoxGranadaChuck
03-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Welcome!! You don't live too far from my neck of the woods.

HoltFF1074
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Welcome!! You don't live too far from my neck of the woods.

Thats the truth! So i take it you attend the weekend shows at Elizabethon Tn which will crank up soon.Plus theres a major Pontiac guy there in Erwin i'm willing to bet you kno of already!

jpdeuce
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm just down the road in Kingsport.

cobragt
03-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Thats the truth! So i take it you attend the weekend shows at Elizabethon Tn which will crank up soon.Plus theres a major Pontiac guy there in Erwin i'm willing to bet you kno of already!

Are you guys going to Nashville in May?

FoxGranadaChuck
03-31-2011, 02:14 AM

Yep. Very much looking forward to them!

HoltFF1074
03-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Are you guys going to Nashville in May?

Haven't really gotten ourselves prepared to make Nashville yet as the car is still to be to be completed. I'm just beginning to get things together to prepare putting her in the garage which was built specifically for doing the 65. I've owned this car since about 02/03 and made the decision i'd never turn a bolt on her till i could do the rebuild right.That meant having a garage which i did not have at the time and i've been gathering parts for many years now.Most of the things i've aquired are the essentials such as a newly built 400-66/3duece setup-GTO body trim and a set of seats.The trans i'll use (Unless I can swing for a 5/6sp) is a sagnaw 4sp. Gears outback will be 3:23 posi. That rear end setup could very well be one of my 1st to do as i will have to search out someone to set it up as i have never done it myself.But even that will be a lil while as i not only need to disasemble the diff and clean it up,i will be hoping to get it sandblasted. I'll be doing the chassis on a 66GTO frame my brother found in a junkyard few years ago.While i will be building within a tight budget,i'm hoping to put some good effort in making the car a lil better in the suspension than those old A bodys were. Jeff thats a nice Nova and congrats on the HR Mag feature. Not being ready to make Nashville yet though still has us trying to make more of the local shows,especially Elizabethon and Of course the Memorial day weekend at Rodgersville. Though a ride to Nashville on the bike could be nice.....:)

FoxGranadaChuck
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Man, that's a really nice '65 Tempest that you've got! I would very much like doing a similar project in the future. Right now, I am just dreaming of projects; I can't afford one right now. LOL