PDA

View Full Version : Wife's 70 Nova

1badchevelle
03-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I just picked up this 70 Nova for the wife. I have had my project on hold and ran across a nova the wife wanted. Made a deal with the guy sight unseen and with little detail ( real smart on my end). I did the deal as the car was a father and son project. He had been working on it for 6 years gave up on the car. He was going to send the car to crushed. So he gave me a price I could not refused.
full DSE rear set up, mini tub, koni shock front and rear, powder coated frame complete new or redone front end,
So here are some pics.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/0102-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/0083-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/0055-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/0065-1.jpg

6'9"Witha69
03-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Sweet. I wish I could find deals like that.

johnny68
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
fabian right on thats great most of the time consuming stuff is done hes put some money into it, put some solid body mounts subframe connectors and go man go
john

1badchevelle
03-28-2011, 04:42 PM
The list of part on the car or in the box include dse mini tub, dse rear leaf springs, offset shackles, lower shock plates adjustable leaf pads, rear upper cross member, koni shocks front and rear, agr box, hotchkis coils, solid body mounts and full energy suspension mounts, dse frame connectors, 3 trans cross members, powder coated sub-frame,hinges, innner fender wheels, and 2 boxes of powder coated parts, full moog front suspension, smoothed firewall, and most of the body work has been done, including full cleaning and coating underneath the car.

THE TECH
03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Very nice. Good luck with the project. Good to see another local on here.

Motown 454
03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Sweet project. Got to keep the misses happy !

cobragt
03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice job saving it from the crusher. What was that guy thinking?

Ron.in.SoCal
03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
The list of part on the car or in the box include dse mini tub, dse rear leaf springs, offset shackles, lower shock plates adjustable leaf pads, rear upper cross member, koni shocks front and rear, agr box, hotchkis coils, solid body mounts and full energy suspension mounts, dse frame connectors, 3 trans cross members, powder coated sub-frame,hinges, innner fender wheels, and 2 boxes of powder coated parts, full moog front suspension, smoothed firewall, and most of the body work has been done, including full cleaning and coating underneath the car.

I'm speechless...

mplecha
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
why would he send it to the crusher? That would have been a shame!

1badchevelle
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
why would he send it to the crusher? That would have been a shame!

From what his buddy told us it was a project he was working on with his dad. His dad passed away several months back and gave up on the car after his passing. It reminded him to much of his dad. He tried to continue working on it as a tribute but could not handle it. I have talked to a couple of my buddies and see if we can build it and return it to him. At this time not sure if this will be possible or if he would want the car back. So for now it's the wife's car. I thought I just getting a roller nothing like this. I had only talked with the guy over the phone but not in detail of the condition of the car. I just did not want the car to get wrecked. To my surprise when I show up and see this.

1red68
03-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice!! way to go!!! :)

opnwide
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
How about some photos of the wife?

johnny68
03-29-2011, 08:58 PM
How about some photos of the wife?
dude really come on! have some cooth

opnwide
03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Johnny68,
I'm just saying... Its her car. Lets see some ownership. I think its cool that wives are onboard with their husband's passion. That's why I married my wife. Back in 2002, we unexpectedly received $5K back from the IRS and I asked my wife what we should do with it. She wanted new wheels for her Viper instead of a plasma TV!

That's what I'm talking about! I'm sure Mrs. 1BadChevelle would like everyone to know who gonna pilot this car.
And since when was cooth ever an issue on this board? 1Bad is relatively new here (and so are you), but I'm sure he can hold his own.

1BadChevelle,
cool find. I'd love to find something like that for my 13yo daughter (I'd have 3 yrs to gitterdone).

bg5512
03-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Love the 3rd gen Nova's. Starting a '72 myself on a low budget build.

Ron.in.SoCal
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
^ Since when did senority trump internet manners here? It's not like Fabian or Johnny dont have more contrbtions (posts) than you. I can appreciate your explanation, but without it the first comment seemed lame.

Plus Fabian's a good dude around here...

1badchevelle
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
No offense was taken or taken the wrong way. I know first hand sometimes without a bit more detail things are taken the wrong way. Nancy is no Mary, she does not like to get her hands dirtty. Loves cars and the drive's but stays way from the build end of it. Her dream car is 49-51 merc which I have been looking for some time. Nancy wants a big block in the nova, and I am trying to convince her into a carbed 5.3 or 6.0l.

Thanks Ron.

johnny68
03-30-2011, 11:24 AM
it cool greg just sounded wierd without details its all good folks
john

Ron.in.SoCal
03-30-2011, 12:17 PM
All good on my end, too!

1badchevelle
04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Here are some pics, Mounted the core support and front fenders. You can see how straight the car is.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/04/128-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/04/130-1.jpg

scherp69
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Can't wait to see some updates Fabian. Always nice to see another Nova.

Blown73
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Looks like a score Fabian! Nice job. Sometimes, deals that sound too good to be true, are just good deals!

Hotchkis
04-14-2011, 11:51 PM

1BadChevelle,

It’s great that you saved another unfinished project from going to the crusher. Sounds like the car was a real sweet deal for what you got in the car and its parts. We’re glad to see Hotchkis (http://www.hotchkis.net) products in your list of parts. Good luck on the project!

craigs73
04-16-2011, 12:20 PM
nice glad to see another nova check out stevesnovasite.com lots of great nova nuts there!!! if you dont mind me asking and if u dont want to thats fine just curious with all the parts. hope to see some progress

1badchevelle
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
nice glad to see another nova check out stevesnovasite.com lots of great nova nuts there!!! if you dont mind me asking and if u dont want to thats fine just curious with all the parts. hope to see some progress

What was the question?

Thanks guys wont see up dates for a bit but I am collecting parts and getting a plan together.

craigs73
04-17-2011, 08:00 PM
lol woops guess would help if i actually asked the question WOW!! LOL anyways was asking what you gave for the car and all the parts but again if you dont want to i understand

jschaecher
04-21-2011, 07:45 AM
:cheers: for another Nova keep us updated