PDA

View Full Version : Pro Touring 2009 GMC Sierra

flnova
03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I know, I know!

So I have been stationed here in Germany for just about a year now and I have been toying with the idea of building my 2009 Crew cab GMC sierra for some track time and of course the Shock & Aww factor that I would get from most Europeans. When they see a full size American truck performs as well as I would like it to.
I don’t want to completely dismantle my truck and put racing seats in it, but I would like to build the truck to perform well at any open track days at the many road courses here such as Hockenheimring, Nurburgring and the many others that are here in Europe.
Sorry my plan is very general right now but I’m still working on it and would appreciate any help or suggestions. I haven’t built a pro touring vehicle let alone a full size truck…lol But when everyone tells me that I’m crazy and all I’m doing is wasting my money and time that just makes me want to do it even more to prove everyone wrong. I am a firm believer if there is a will there is a way!
My plan thus far is as follows:
Engine Performance:
- Vortech Supercharger
- Programmer
- Full Exhaust System
Brakes & Suspension:
- 4/5 lowering kit
- Bigger sway bars
- Big brake kit (haven’t decided on a kit)
Wheels:
- Looking at 22” Rushforth’s (haven’t settled on a wheel yet)
And a few minor cosmetic items to help spruce up the exterior.

I’m going to be building this truck myself so if any of you can give me any advice on what I might be able to add to the build or change that would help the handling & performance on the truck please help me out. I haven’t found much help with this idea and help is what I need.

Manbearpig
03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd look more into TVS or Roush superchargers. Also a programmer will not get you anywhere, unless its EFI Live or HPTuners.
You can get a custom tuned PCM/TCM for much less than the cost of those as well.

THE TECH
03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Interesting choice. Hope it lives up to your expectations!

flnova
03-26-2011, 11:13 PM
@Manbearpig - Thanks I will check out the TVS and but doesn't Roush only build parts for Fords? I will do my research when it comes time to reprogram the ECM since I will most likely have to send it back to the states to get that done.

@The Tech - I'm hoping it will live up to my expectations. It's going to be a tough project for me to accomplish over here with no help and not many contacts in Germany but I'm ready to invest my time and money into it. We'll see what happens from here.

Manbearpig
03-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Roush actually does build superchargers for LS stuff

Though they don't have Roush badges do to their Ford contracts.

I think they are basically TVS units. Though I'm unsure what differences they have compared to the Magnacharger TVS units.