PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro I might be going to see... thoughts?

6D9 Matt
03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Just wanted some thoughts on what people were thinking... advice/comments welcome. Any opinions on the value? (Yes I realize it would take someone looking at the car, Im saying barring no huge setbacks/issues). Paint and interior seem to be in good condition.

1969 Camaro RS/SS clone
Black houndstooth interior
502ci big block
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Marine block
Speed pistons 11.25:1 compression - 0.60 over
Speed Pro rods
10.10 Crank - steel
110 cc heads - cast w/ 233 int. 188 ex valves
Comp Cam roller 578 lift 332 duration
Crane roller lifters
Full roller rockers - Crane
Double roller chain timing gears
Engine balance
New flywheel
Electric vacuum pump
950 Proform Carb w/ mech. downleg
Zoom comp clutch
Drag race driveshaft with solid Ujoints
Frame tied
4-speed Muncie M-21 transmission – Hurst shifter
8.2” 10-bolt rear end (Posi trac – 3.73 gearing)
Power steering
4-wheel disc brakes
QA-1 bar setup with adjustable coilovers
Mini-tub kit (4”) with roll control
Hooker headers with full 3” exhaust – Flowmaster CB
American Racing Torque Thrust II’s
Alpine 1000-watt stereo system
New complete floorboard with insulation

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Ron.in.SoCal
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
What the heck is a 'Marine' block? Is it from a Mercruiser? Did the seller remove it from his boat? Typicall marine set ups include specific cam selection and SS intake/Inconnel exhaust valves, o-ringed heads. Accessories are marinized as well. To the best of my knowledge, the blocks are the same starting point prior to machining.

As to your question, sounds like a nice list of parts invested and a good starting point for a project. Without more pics and data it would be tough to estimate the value...

6D9 Matt
03-23-2011, 11:38 AM
The owner built it himself (with a couple other buddies that he restores/shows cars with)... I called to know more about this marine block, etc but he is calling me back. Im somewhat confused too... i had always heard some people use marine blocks bc they are stronger, but use the correct auto parts besides that for the build.

Is anyone familiar with this? Using marine blocks for an automobile setup??? I might go this weekend, so i need answers quick! PLEASE!

Ron.in.SoCal
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Matt - I've had three boat motors built. Last one was a 604 cu in blower motor. We started w a Dart Big M block, siamese bore w billet main caps. Maybe he was referring to an aftermarket block?

hifi875
03-23-2011, 02:25 PM
i would be a little worried about the 8.2 inch 10bolt. With a stout motor, that could be a issue. a good 12 bolt or ford 9 isn't going to be cheap.

6D9 Matt
03-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah I already told em that was the weak link to the car... and would def be the first thing I replace. Considering the deal (I think) Im getting... I could afford to get one not long after purchase.

vdaviemusclecars
03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Not sure about where you are but out here in CA 11.25:1 would be a problem with pump gas.
Vince

John510
03-28-2011, 12:10 PM
rotissoried? 30-40k
sanded and sprayed? 20-30k

stock sub, cheap wheels, and 10 bolt are why my value is low