PDA

View Full Version : GW LCA alternatives?

JJSmitches
06-13-2005, 05:24 PM
I need to order these parts ASAP and if I can avoid spending $325 for just the lowers it would make me and my fiance happy!

Recommendations and sources appreciated.

JJSmitches
06-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm such a cheap ******* that I can't help but go with the panard bar from Coleman. I will probably be posting asking for a bit of help from anyone that is already using this. Thanks ahead of time.

rocketrod
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Need a little more information. I take it this is for your 68 Chevelle? What are your plans for the car: PT, drag, weekend cruiser??? What mods have you performed to the rest of the suspension? Are you planning on running coil overs, etc.???

JJSmitches
06-14-2005, 11:56 AM
This is for my 72 Chevelle. The car will be a daily driver soon I hope. I have a chance to do the rear suspension as complete as my small budget will allow this time around. Then gather the parts to upgrade the front some time this winter or next summer. I hope it will be somewhere between a PT and daily driver/cruiser. Yes it will find its way down the drag strip this summer or next, but that is not its main objective or intended use.

Rear suspension - Probably the Edelbrock or some knock off uppers.
After searching for an alternative to lowers using poly the only thing I found was either single adjustable lowers for $210 or the use of the panard bars.
I would really like to get what I need for under 400 bucks.
Springs till to be determined, but I will run the springs I currently have till all other components are here to try different combos.

Front - on hold till the rear is finished, engine and trans are in, drive shaft built, etc.
Hope to have a plan for this figured out soon, but I am waiting till I get more info about parts that are supposed to become available in the future. All the budget type swaps I have read about seem to cause more problems than they are worth with the exception of using the taller ball joints.

THANKS!

Dust87ss
06-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Talk to Rick Fisher at [email protected] . Check out his stuff at maliburacing.com/iceman . I know you said ASAP, but if you talk to him, he might be able to make you up some double adjustable lowers for an A-body (he already has them for G-body). He also already has doub. adj. uppers for A-body. Get Rick's stuff and a set of these (http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=187) and you're set.

This will give you a spherical joint at all eight locations. These are the same parts I intend to by for my 87 Monte. Just need to see if Rick can sway bar mounting points to the lower arms somehow.