PDA

View Full Version : PSMC 3 will be Aug.5,6,7 2011 !

JEFFTATE
03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Ok everybody !
It's official !

The Peach State Musclecar Challenge 3 will be August 5th , 6th , and 7th 2011 !

We will have more details and sign-up info in a few days !

Thanks everbody !

RS_Customs
03-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks for posting it up Jeff!

Robert

HectorM52
03-22-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm in!! Rear tires are on order!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-22-2011, 07:29 PM
ayyeee.. my birthday!

musclecarmatt
03-22-2011, 07:40 PM
wooooo!.......looking forward to it!

JEFFTATE
03-23-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm working on a special cruise for Friday the 5th ..
I think everyone will like it ..

ACR-Mark
03-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Darnit, I have to miss this one :(

JEFFTATE
03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Darnit, I have to miss this one :(

Why ? , that's not allowed .. jk ..

Tucks69
03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I am going to plan on coming Jeff! My 17 year Anniversary is the 6th, wife said ok with her to come. But my baby sister is due with my niece the same day!! If she has her before then I will make it! I sure would hate to miss it!

Atomic 67
03-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Robert,

Thanks for the heads-up...will check the calendar. Make it a great week!

Brad

musclecarmatt
03-23-2011, 05:00 PM
looks like i mite miss friday part...but i can be there for saturday and sunday....we'll see!

bkkpool
03-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I will be there in the 73 and I plan to stay on Mark until he gets the 68 Bird in driving condition. Missing is not an option!!

ACR-Mark
03-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Why ? , that's not allowed .. jk ..
I will be running the Mazda at the Bridgestone Street Tire Challenge in Atlanta on the 6th. The STC has been a goal of mine for 2 years now. As of yesterday, the Mazda has Konis, so it's definitely ready to compete. The 7th is a local event back home in Alabama. I could miss that one and stay in Atlanta to run with you guys on Sunday. I can either drive Brian's 73, the Mazda, or Brian had this crazy idea to get Kusi to drive my 68 Bird up for me. I think the Bird will be getting some mods for RTTH by then, so it's doubtful it will be ready.

JEFFTATE
03-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I will be running the Mazda at the Bridgestone Street Tire Challenge in Atlanta on the 6th. The STC has been a goal of mine for 2 years now. As of yesterday, the Mazda has Konis, so it's definitely ready to compete. The 7th is a local event back home in Alabama. I could miss that one and stay in Atlanta to run with you guys on Sunday. I can either drive Brian's 73, the Mazda, or Brian had this crazy idea to get Kusi to drive my 68 Bird up for me. I think the Bird will be getting some mods for RTTH by then, so it's doubtful it will be ready.

Have a good time Mark , you will be missed ..

71duster
03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
it will be a crapshoot for me. i am scheduled to work all weekend and i am not sure if i will have enough vacation. hmmmmm.

tommycomfort
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
We'd really like to make the event this year, but we'll have to wait and see how the summer shakes out.

HectorM52
03-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Jeff, are we still at Red Top? Any thoughts to White Water or something similar?

RS_Customs
03-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Jeff, are we still at Red Top? Any thoughts to White Water or something similar?

Red Top again this year. Next year will most likely be a different place! (More on that at a later date.)
White water is a good idea but it is packed in the summer with kids and their parents cars, other than that, it would be great! lol A buddy of mine has seen the Porsche club running there in the off season though. Lake Lanier Islands also has a good lot, but they have a short reservation time frame that wouldn't allow us to schedule things this far out.

How's the truck doing?

Robert

JEFFTATE
03-25-2011, 08:58 AM

We thought about White Water or Lake Lanier Islands , but that time of year is their peak season..
They don't want to give up a parking lot in early August ..
I'd love to do a bigger lot with no light poles , but I haven't been able to find one ..

Any ideas ???
This is an open forum ...

HectorM52
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
How's the truck doing?

Truck is running good, but I'm having fueling issues. Not sure if it's my fuel pump or just that my pump isn't getting enough fuel. Trying to get to the bottom of it now.

Have rear tires on order too. Found some KDW's CHEAP from a guy in California. Hope this pans out!

What are you bringing this year?

HectorM52
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Red Top again this year. Next year will most likely be a different place! (More on that at a later date.)
White water is a good idea but it is packed in the summer with kids and their parents cars, other than that, it would be great! lol A buddy of mine has seen the Porsche club running there in the off season though. Lake Lanier Islands also has a good lot, but they have a short reservation time frame that wouldn't allow us to schedule things this far out.

We thought about White Water or Lake Lanier Islands , but that time of year is their peak season..
They don't want to give up a parking lot in early August ..
I'd love to do a bigger lot with no light poles , but I haven't been able to find one ..

Any ideas ???
This is an open forum ...

I was wondering about doing this sort of thing in the heat of summer - the places with the big parking lots are going to be using them.

I'll do some searching and see if I can think of any other lots to use...

HectorM52
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
How about big churches? They have large lots that might be available on a Saturday...though probably not Sunday.
Or distribution centers. I know there's a large one near here in Buford...and there might not even be a tenant in some of these buildings. I know a lot of them sit empty now a days...

Search Zion Baptist Church of Braselton. Pretty large lot.

GeoffP
03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I'll do my best to come - considering setting up my IROC to Auto-X this year. I sure was hoping that this event would be a season opener rather than nearly a closer. It'll be fun regardless!!

BulldawgMusclecars
03-29-2011, 06:30 PM
I'll do my best to come - considering setting up my IROC to Auto-X this year. I sure was hoping that this event would be a season opener rather than nearly a closer. It'll be fun regardless!!

Hows it going Geoff! Long time no see!
Jeff T, I'm planning to be there...let me know if you need any help with anything getting it set up.

GeoffP
03-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Hey Joe! It's slow going car wise these days - family takes priority (and any spare money these days). I hope you can make it. It'll be cool to catch up with you.

HectorM52
04-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Here's a GOOD lot, Jeff. It's the old GM plant in Doraville. I think it's big enough!!! :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/04/GM_Plant_Good_Lot-1.jpg

GeoffP
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Wow - it would be cool to get access to that lot, but I bet it would be nearly impossible.

HectorM52
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Augusta Regency Mall?
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/04/Augusta_Regency_Mallsized-1.jpg

hightower2011
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Wish I had my stang done for this, not even close to being done though. :D
I'll try to at least show up, it'd be cool to meet a few of you guys and see some nice cars!

tommycomfort
04-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Augusta Regency Mall?
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/04/Augusta_Regency_Mallsized-1.jpg

I'm in for sure if we can run through the inside of a mall like the Blues Brothers! "New Oldsmobiles are in early this year" (that might not be an exact quote, but you get the idea)
Tom

GeoffP
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I hadn't thought about the Regency Mall parking lot. It'd take a lot of cleaning up though - there's grass growing up all through the pavement since it's been vacant for so long. I go by there semi-regularly and I know someone who might be able to get an "in" with the owner (not sure if it's the city of Augusta or a private owner). I'll have to check on that! Duh on my part for not thinking of this...

GeoffP
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
According to this: http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2009/02/24/met_512470.shtml
Cardinal Entities property management owns the mall property. They are based in New York state if my searches are correct. So who wants to call them?? Apparently they have no interest in the redeveloping or selling it because they want $50 million for it as it sits... Maybe we could get some use out of the huge parking lot(s)?

cobragt
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I guess I'd better get my butt in gear and get working on the Cobra

CoorsBandit
04-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Can't wait, I had a blast last year. Are we using the same hotel this year?

RS_Customs
04-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Jeff will be posting all those details very very soon.

It's going to be a great time!

Robert

musclecarmatt
04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
very ready!

eldogg
05-19-2011, 04:27 AM
I will try to be there will Project Eldogg. I got a few small upgrades left till its autocross ready.

RS_Customs
05-19-2011, 05:29 AM
I will try to be there will Project Eldogg. I got a few small upgrades left till its autocross ready.

Sounds good Eric, will be another fun year! and an "informative" cruise that you won't want to miss!

Robert

ACR-Mark
05-20-2011, 04:43 AM
I think I will try to make it out on there on Sunday. I'll be in the area anyway, and there's no reason for me to head home right away other than a local event. I will have the RX-8 if I do come out there, the Firebird was sold yesterday.
Yeah, unfortunately, 2 weeks ago the wife decided that after 2 or 3 years of struggling, we needed to throw in the towel. We have small kids to take care of, so I decided that selling the 'Bird was in my best interest. I will miss being around the kids all the time the most, then the Firebird, and the wife last.
Hey, at least I have a sense of humor, right?
Hope to see you guys there on Sunday.....

JEFFTATE
05-20-2011, 05:39 AM
I think I will try to make it out on there on Sunday. I'll be in the area anyway, and there's no reason for me to head home right away other than a local event. I will have the RX-8 if I do come out there, the Firebird was sold yesterday.
Yeah, unfortunately, 2 weeks ago the wife decided that after 2 or 3 years of struggling, we needed to throw in the towel. We have small kids to take care of, so I decided that selling the 'Bird was in my best interest. I will miss being around the kids all the time the most, then the Firebird, and the wife last.
Hey, at least I have a sense of humor, right?
Hope to see you guys there on Sunday.....

Sorry to hear that Mark .
Come and hang out with us and enjoy some car-time ..

RS_Customs
05-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Registration is up!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?79839-PSMC3-Info-and-Registration-Open-!

Robert

musclecarmatt
05-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Registration is up!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?79839-PSMC3-Info-and-Registration-Open-!

Robert

will be soon!