PDA

View Full Version : How many with in car cameras?

The Stickman
03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Ok I am wondering how many plan to have in car cameras for RTTS. The reason I ask is it would be way cool to bombard Youtube with Videos of the on track action. It is also cooler to see you car in someone elses video because your video doesn't show your car actually on the track.

Vicinity
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Not really sure if it will work, but I've been thinking of trying this out:

I have a Droid X, and was going to use it for music (Pandora). I'd mount it on the windshield with a car mount, that wouldn't obstruct the camera, which should make a cheap and easy in car camera.

Kona5OH
03-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a GoPro HD Hero I'll be bringing with me. I'd like to mount it outside of the car but I'm not sure yet. This weekend I want to try and mount it in few places and see where the best spot would be.

68sixspeed
03-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Not really sure if it will work, but I've been thinking of trying this out:

I have a Droid X, and was going to use it for music (Pandora). I'd mount it on the windshield with a car mount, that wouldn't obstruct the camera, which should make a cheap and easy in car camera.

the trackmaster app for the droid is worth the $10, it makes a decent lap timer and records g-data and gps data. You can also get better data with an external bluetooth gps module. Not sure if you can run the app and record video at the same time though.

I may try to rig up a video camera. I hope someone with a good camera is taking some pics of the cars on track?

SicMonte
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
I have the GoPro Motorsports Hero camera...with the suction cup and the rool bar mount. Should be cool.

Vinz68
03-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I have a go pro I'll have in the car

Jasons72
03-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Im so jealous of you guys i wanted to get the go pro but just don't have the funds with all of the last minute parts and such.

The Stickman
03-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Im so jealous of you guys i wanted to get the go pro but just don't have the funds with all of the last minute parts and such.

Don't feel bad I don't either.

SicMonte
03-21-2011, 04:31 AM

I asked for one for christmas b/c I knew I was going to the event!! Pre planned that one!!!

vanzuuk1
03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
My budget is so low I will just search google earth when I get home.