PDA

View Full Version : Goodguy's Columbus, Ohio

67cam406
06-13-2005, 10:30 AM
How many of everyone is going to Go to the Goodguy's Show in Columbus, Ohio. The weekend of July 8-11.
I will be making the trip up, With no Car, But to look at all the great cars there. Would be coo to meet a few of the members.

Thanks,
Kevin

Todds69
06-13-2005, 02:24 PM
I would love to go but unforturnately I have to have surgery on my wrist. Too many Vicadin's later I will just be veggin at home. I want to do a Goodguys this year maybe another one this year.

datsbad
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
i am going . not sure what i am taking yet !

Roger Poirier
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
I will be going to this event without my GTO. I usually learn something new, add or change an idea for my car based on what I have seen. I understand this is an excellent show. It is a learning curve each and every time I see a quality car. R.P.

CraigMorrison
06-16-2005, 01:56 PM
We'll be there with one of our Tri5 chassis on display. No car this year. Great event, I always look forward to this show.

Richz68
06-17-2005, 12:26 PM
I am plannonig on being there Friday only w/o a show car, but I hope to have my Sonoma GT project road-worthy for the trip.

It is the best Good-Guys show on the tour and crowns the car of the year so all of the big-dollar builds are there on display!!!

Travis B
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
change of plans, not making the trip now

MarkM66
06-20-2005, 06:16 AM
I hope to be there in my Pro-Touring '70 Nova. If it's done that is. Two vendors holding up the completion, :banghead: .

CamaroAJ
06-20-2005, 08:46 AM
i should be there, its like 15 mins away from me.

rocketman
06-20-2005, 09:39 AM
we are going to miss this year,i am taking the kids to disney world later this year so we a skippin most the shows.will be at des moines on saturday only,and kc goodguys.

67cam406
06-20-2005, 11:29 AM
I cannot Wait for this Show. I went last year, and it was absolutely Awesome. So Many Nice Cars.
I am Planning to Purchase Some Parts This Year.
Hope to Meet Alot of You's

Kevin

JoshStratton
06-20-2005, 04:29 PM
It is soooo nice living 5 miles from it. I hope to see some of your cars there guys. Mine is too new to go (79 TA), plus it isn't even painted.

steemin
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
I may be going..
I have never been to a "Good Guys" show.
What should I expect?
Scott

gen3bu
06-20-2005, 07:26 PM
i want to go. what is the cut off for vehicle age? not very familiar with this show series.

kevin

Budnik Wheels
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
We'll be returning to the show to exhibit, after many many years of not going. Come by and vist us!

Jon

JoshStratton
06-21-2005, 02:06 AM
I may be going..
I have never been to a "Good Guys" show.
What should I expect?
Scott
This is THE Good Guys show. This is like the King Ding-A-Ling of shows. The Super Bowl of shows. The Columbus, Ohio show last year had over 5000 custom/vintage/pro-touring/racing/roadsters/etc...cars registered to attend from all over the world, and it keeps getting bigger. If cars are not premiered at the Detroit Autorama, they are premiered here because the winner can really make a name for him/herself. They take over the entire Ohio State Fairgrounds which is the largest (i think) in the nation.

During the evenings people gather around the hotels and sit in lawn charis and watch them cruise up and down the streets. The awesome thing, is that most of the cars are actually driven and NOT trailer queens.

Venders from all over the world show here and magazines show up to get a large portion of their yearly feature cars from here. You can find just about anything.

i want to go. what is the cut off for vehicle age? not very familiar with this show series.
kevin

The vehicle cut-off is either 1972 or 1973.

Here is the info:
http://www.good-guys.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventID=COLUMB05

There is also a nice sized "For Sale" section that can get you in a lot of trouble :naughty:

69Myway
06-22-2005, 05:43 AM
We selected this show as the target completion date for the reserrection of my LS1 69 Camaro. At just over a year since we launched into the project (doing 99% of the work myself) we have been busting our butts to get this car finished and flogged out in time to drive from N.E. Florida to the GG show in Columbus. My wife has family in the area to keep her entertained while I do the show.

We now have about 500 miles on the car and I am still working out bugs. The goal is to drive all the way there and back with my 1 year old and wife and we pray for ZERO problems (but will be prepared with tools and parts). Plan on making the trip each way non-stop to fit it into my tight vacation schedule.

This is a BIG deal for me considering all the history I have with this car and the fact I have gone out on a limb to create some under the hood visual affects of my own design.

Hope to catch you guys there. My cell is 904-502-7026. Be happy to hook up with some of you!

www.mcspeed.homestead.com (http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com)

67cam406
06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Chris (KLR-SHRK),

Good Luck on the travel to Ohio, Your Car Looks Great,
I will Be on the Lookout for your Car.
This show is the Best in the Midwest.

Kevin

JoshStratton
06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Chris (KLR-SHRK),

This show is the Best in the Midwest.

Kevin

I always assumed that it was the best show period. Am I missing something somewhere?

Todds69
06-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm going to do my best to get there. If you see a guy with his right arm in a cast and sling it might be me. Probably try and go Sat. more than likely Sunday. Hope to be there and see some of you.

Richz68
06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I always assumed that it was the best show period.

It is for this style or genre'......... I went last year for the first time and then backed it with the BEST EVENT...... Woodward and now I can't even get into a good local cruise night or a good car show...... I spoiled myself last year. I still haven't been on the Power Tour or attended SEMA so there is a new frontier for me yet.

You might think that this is silly but I entered the GG show last year in the vendor building area which was impressive in itself, but it only had a handfull of basically what were display cars which warmed me up for what I hoped was nice wide variety of cars from which I hope to see some higher quality, magazine level rides. We walked through the corridor that the vendor building created on both sides of us and as we approached the clearing of what held basically 4,000+ prime builds it was like the sun shined through the clouds and I heard harps. :angel:

It was like the first time Dorothy laid her eyes on the castle of OZ! I'm not kidding...... I tried to look at every single car the way I normally look cars over, but that strategy only lasted for about 1/2 hour and I found myself looking over cars just because "I already seen a red or black or silver or yellow one"...... It is a two day event to really appreciate it.

Come to Ohio you won't be disappointed!!!

Hacker Joe
06-24-2005, 06:02 AM
Im planning on going, just have to swap motors before we go.

rocketman
06-24-2005, 06:56 AM
columbus is one of the top rod runs around,shades of the past,and louisville for the street rod nationals.

hotrodgary
06-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I'll be there with my 66 Chevelle, maybe....I've been waitin for a certain un-named cam manufacturer to send back my cam though....if they dont, I'll take my ole mans 29 hi-boy down instead.

If ya see one of the cars stop in and say hi....I love to bs!!!

Later, Gary

67cam406
06-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Getting Closer!!!!
Can wait to Steal Some Ideas!!!! LOL!!!!
HotrodGary Nice Set Of Cars There.

Hope to Meet Some of you!!!

Kevin B.

69Myway
07-05-2005, 02:43 AM
All the prep, all the planning, all the work, and all the money comes down to this. Car is full of gas and waiting to roll. Will pack our bags after work this afternoon and hit the road at 0' dark 30 rolling north from N.E. Florida to Columbus.

I will be at the show on Friday and Saturday. If by any chance in the world I am selected for an award we will stick it out through Sunday. Otherwise will be rolling back south on Sunday morning.

I believe I will have the car entered in the homebuilt area.

See you guys there.

Chris

SUNK69
07-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I'll be leaving thursday morning around 5AM from Knoxville TN. I am staying at the country inn and suites next to the airport I'll be bringing my white 69 malibu with 17" vintage wheel works wheels,light green interior 63000 miles,Scott Story

Steve1968LS2
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
If anyone see me walking around in my Popular Hot Rodding shirt be sure to say hi.. Im a pretty friendly guy.. Johnny will be there too, you can tell its me because I have hair ;)

Hope to meet lots of you in Columbus!!!!

:woot:

hotrodgary
07-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I'll be leaving thursday morning around 5AM from Knoxville TN. I am staying at the country inn and suites next to the airport I'll be bringing my white 69 malibu with 17" vintage wheel works wheels,light green interior 63000 miles,Scott Story

Hey Scott I believe I'm staying in the same place, cross country inn or something its called, I'm leavin fri morning, should be there by 11 or 12, go get registered and hang out!

I'll have a red 66 chevelle with 17" TTII's, come on by and say hi...or anybody else too!!

Later, Gary

Steve Chryssos
07-07-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm staying at the Hampton Inn near the airport and will be driving a rental car :hand:

CamaroAJ
07-07-2005, 08:32 AM
everyone sould meet up sometime like friday or saturday night, i'll be there saturday walking around.

JoshStratton
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Woohoo! On the way to work this morning I started to see the first of the arrivals! Tonight should be TONS-O-FUN!!!

gen3bu
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
my brother and i are goning on saturday.
the sierra gold 57 nomad we just finished at the shop will be there, along with some of the other guys from the shop.

hope to see some of you there.

are there any cruises or get togethers after the show planned yet (sat pm)?

kevin