PDA

View Full Version : Problem...no idea now...

SicMonte
06-13-2005, 08:21 AM
My new motor (350, 60 over) has about 1500 miles on it now. After a trip to the beach it started to backfire...bad. Im talking about flames shooting out of the exhaust!! On the way home it did it, then it stopped, then it started again.

I replaced the cap, rotor, module, wires na dplugs and it seems to do it even worse now. So I decided to check some stuff out. Pulled the distributer...a lil too much play in the shaft and the advance weights didnt return once sprung...then it happened.....

I turn the distributer over..and I noticed a drip. HUH??!! The vacuum advance was full of gas...this puzzled the hell outa me!!!!

Soooooo..today I called Barry Grant. They gave me a lot of tips on what to do and all. But im just wondering what you all think.

SicMonte
06-13-2005, 09:36 PM
No One????

Matt@RFR
06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I think everybody is waiting to see what you find with the instructions given to you by BG. Sure seems like an odd problem to me.

Only thing I can think of is pressure in the intake tract (like a bent intake valve), but then it wouldn't pop out of the exhaust like you're saying.

What happened right before it started doing this? Did you float the valves at all?

SicMonte
06-14-2005, 06:54 AM
right before this it was driving fine. It all statred happening after I drove it in the rain and through some serious rain and some standing water in traffic. I then parked it and five hours later drove it around...and pop pop pop bang.