PDA

View Full Version : FNG From Sacramento

DariusB
03-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Hello All
I was made aware of this site from someone on Moparts.com. I am trying to find a club in the Sacramento area to visit and become involved with to race my cars. I have been wanting to go to a local autocross event to check it out and start learning the ropes so to speak.
Here is a link to the car I am building, a 1970 Plymouth GTX. I bought a wrecked '07 Charger RT and have transfered as much of it as I could (afford) into the GTX. It has an RMS AlterKtion front suspension with rack and pinion steering, and an RMS triangulated 4 link in the rear. The body has been stiffened using a complete XV motorsports stiffening system. The car is almost at the point of tearing it all apart to finish up the body work and paint. http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=1121
In the mean time, I have a '69 Dart GTS with a 340,727,8 3/4. I have everything but the sway bars from Hotchkiss waiting to be installed going into the Dart. As soon as the sway bars get here I will get after it. It will be ready fro the Spring Fling in van Nuys in mid April with it's "break-in" cruise being a drive down Hwy 1 from Monterey to Van Nuys.
So, any clubs or groups in Sacramento ?????

Kamikaze Sy
03-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Darius!

Welcome!

I'm not aware of any specific clubs in the Sacramento area that are primarily Pro-Touring. As you know, there are many "marque" clubs like Mopars, Camaro's Street Rods, etc. There are people out in the greater Sacramento valley area that are enthusiasts who belong to other clubs but mostly people who are loosely connected through here.

The easiest thing I could suggest is to get out the Goodguys events down in Pleasanton and hook up with others at the Hotchkis trailer and auto cross. Also check out the local SCCA, NASA and other events throughout Northern California locations and just get out to the drivers schools and hook up with the other people out there! You'll be surprised at who you meet and the number of people who may be in your own back yard!