PDA

View Full Version : Back Home from PT

shmoov69
06-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, I finally made it back home (Springfield, MO) tonight at 8:00. Had no more troubles other than an oil fitting to the turbos gave way and started leaking BAD. I taped it though and got back on the road thanks to some help of friends! The 69 got HORRIBLE gas mileage this year for some reason. It averaged around 10mpg! The only good thing is that to and from the PT I turned the boost down and ran 87 octane cheapie fuel!
Nice to meet all you guys! I am going to wash my nasty :moon: and go to bed.
Chow for now!

Nine Ball
06-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Always good to chat with you Jimmy. I got home around 5pm today myself.

Round trip (Texas to Wisconsin to Florida to Texas) was 4,500 miles!! My car drove great, but I was sure wishin' for some air conditioning when stuck in traffic. Managed 23 mpg cruising 75-80 mph. Only real issues were scraping those nasty bumps and dips in the roads with my Cal-Trac bars and mufflers. The next project might get an Air Ride suspension for the road trips!

Whew, what a LONG 11 days. I'm sure I'll still be tired tomorrow.

Tony

David Sloan
06-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Good to here you guys made it home safe!!
It was also nice to meet you at the birmingham stop.

camcojb
06-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Yes, it was nice meeting all three of you guys. Had a lot of fun, a few problems, and very happy to be home!

Jody

Steve68
06-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Jody, did you drive all the way from CA?

I had to work Friday, we're trying to roll the Shuttle back to the pad,

Jimmy, I owe you some stuff, PM me your home address,

I was going to go to Kiss a me, but work is more important at this time, the way it looks I got 2 years before I have to start looking for a job, Anybody out there got privete space program???

camcojb
06-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Jody, did you drive all the way from CA?

No Steve, flew into Milwaukee, the car was already there.

Jody

Steve68
06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Who did you ride with? Did you make it to FL? I would have like to meet up with you if you did, but had to work, Steve

camcojb
06-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Who did you ride with? Did you make it to FL? I would have like to meet up with you if you did, but had to work, Steve

Made it all the way Steve. Met up with several Pro Touring, Lateral-G, Camaros.net and other members. Lots of fun.

I went with Scott (XcYZ)

Jody

63SW
06-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Well ,sorry to say , i didnt meet up with any of you guys but i did see a few of the cars along the way.

We just got home on Tuesday after the LONG HAUL (we stopped over in Tennesse) but we had a great time driving a 1969 Pontiac Custom S ( GTO hood and rear wing) and had no problems going the 4000 miles we logged.

CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR ! but i'm damn glad to be home!