PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a Great Day! (plus some photos from the RTTC2 Event)

OC Race Craft
03-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey Guys,

We at OCRC just wanted to thank all of you guys who attended the El Toro Marine Base event for RTTC2. As you can imagine our events generally draw a ton of the local Orange County exotic owners, but with a '67 RS Camaro having been my first car, I'm a bit more partial to the classic muscle that your crowd brought to the track! :twothumbs

We are already looking very forward to helping host next years event for the RTTC crowd, and for those of you who are local and want a little more track time between now and then, we host open events about every 3 months that you can attend on the very same el toro marine base circuit. For those interested, feel free to PM me for more details.

Here are a couple shots of the event we were able to pull...
Thanks,
Brad w/ OC Race Craft

Nessumsar
03-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Thank you for helping to put on this awesome event! When is your next open track day?

OC Race Craft
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey Jon,

We had a blast! The next open OCRC event is actually scheduled for April 2 & 3 at El Toro. There are several different packages offered which range everywhere from an AutoCross day, 1.5 or 2.5 Hours of Lapping on the big track, or a High Performance School.

mpozzi
03-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I also wanted to say thanks for making the Run to the Coast-2 such the success it was. The event couldn't have been done without you guys and gals.

I'm also interested in attending more of your events once I get my Camaro up and running.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Steve1968LS2
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks again for hosting such a killer event.. I've already talked with Nathan about coming out to get some seat time and shoot a story.. I think he just wants to beat on my car some more. lol

Great time!

6'9"Witha69
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks again for hosting such a killer event.. I've already talked with Nathan about coming out to get some seat time and shoot a story.. I think he just wants to beat on my car some more. lol

Great time!

Think: New Tires! lol

OC Race Craft
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
We posted the on-board footage of his run in your ride on our facebook page... classic! He may have a ride lined up to run in the World Challenge race at Long Beach next month, so at least you'll be able to point and shout, "hey, that's the guy that burned up my tires!" as he fly's down shoreline drive in a Porsche. :)

Steve1968LS2
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Think: New Tires! lol

I just cried a bit spending $600 on two new fronts.. then I watched Nathan's video and felt better.. he SWEARS he could have gone sub one minute on Sunday.. yikes!

Flash68
03-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Brad - thanks for all the hard work you guys put in to help put on a classy event. Very well done!

SLO_Z28
03-09-2011, 07:11 PM
How many people usually run at your autocross events? How long is the course? I might be interested in going.

OC Race Craft
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
The AutoX for the April event is scheduled to be 1.5 miles. A private group will be running it on Saturday, but is open on Sunday to registrations. The AutoX features unlimited runs and we have yet to see more than 30 cars on any given day... So I'm sure you can do the math on the number of runs people get in!

Steve1968LS2
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
As long as it's not the same day as Del Mar Goodguys I'm in.. Heck Doug, you can even take a run in Penny.. you have to be easier on it than Nathan.. lol

mdprovee
03-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Brad,

First off thanks for a great event at RTTC 2. You guys do a first class job.

Second on the autocross, will there be instructors there to help teach my dumb self ?

OC Race Craft
03-10-2011, 12:08 PM
OCRC has a bunch of instructors on hand at every event, most of which are riding along with drivers on the full 2.2 course, but there will be plenty of opportunity to pick up tips and pointers from the Pros. Past events have seen special guest instructors like Rolex Series Champs Craig Stanton & Kelly Collins, Former F1 driver Roberto Guerrero, ALMS driver Dominik Farnbacher.

Can anybody who attends bring out any more of that special cinnamon-ish beverage in a mason jar??:twothumbs

Steve1968LS2
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
I have a couple of jars hidden in my garage... might want to wait until AFTER the instruction though.. lol

BAD_EFX
03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks again for the hard work your organization put in to make this an awesome event. We appreciate it greatly!