PDA

View Full Version : My New 1968 Camaro

Formula51
03-09-2011, 01:04 PM
This is my first classic car! I recently traded a nice local fella my 2002 Z28 M6 for this car. I have owned a 1995 Firebird Formula and 1985 Monte Carlo SS (w/350 crate motor, 3.73 posi rear, etc.) before this. I have much to learn and hope to lean on ya'll for help.

The car has a 350 with a roughly 0.480 lift cam that sounds amazing! It is backed by a TH350 transmission and a 10-bolt rear (not sure gear ratio or if it is posi yet). It has single leaf rear springs that are shot, but the owner is giving me a new set of 5 leaf springs, bushings, and shocks. I am also getting the original numbers matching 327 and 2-speed powerglide that were removed (engine was smoking). I figure I will seal those up and keep them for when I sell the car down the road. The car also has LS1 front disc brakes.

It is painted silver (believed to be 69' Z28 Silver, but not sure how to verify) with grey/charcoal stripes and a nice set of chrome 16" Ralley looking wheels. The bumpers, wheel well trim, windshield trim, and door handles are painted which I intend to fix. Car has front seats and center console from a newer Camaro that I also intend to replace with original. Everything works from the gas gauge, to lights, windshield wipers, AC, etc. It even has a CD player with ipod hookup in the glove box wired to two 6x9's in the rear deck.

While I want to keep this car more original looking (need to convert some things back to original as mentioned above) I am coming from a 02' Camaro Hardtop M6 with Koni shocks, springs, sway bars, subframe connectors, etc. that I had run a HPDE even and some autocrosses in and I need some level of competant handling in the new 68'. I will not run any racing events with this car, but want it to handle respectable on the road when I am out for a nice drive.

I look forward to talking with ya'll.

Here are some pics:

Rhino
03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
On first look I'd say you got the better end of that deal. Congrats on the new purchase!

RicerwannaB
03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Looks Great!

mplecha
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
nice ride!