PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Chevelle new to Pro-touring

Chevelle598bb
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey all, I'm Jason and new to the pro touring scene. My project is a 71 Chevelle (I know, not another one) and former 10.5 tire car. I am putting back on the street so the big block, manual valve body turbo 350, stock interior and drag suspension are all gone. For an engine I am using a 408 LSX with ls3 heads and injection. I am using a T56 for a trans and need to rebuild mine before it goes in the car. The rear end stayed in the car but I changed the gear ratio. The rear is a Moser M9 rear with Ford motorsport center section, detroit locker, and 3.25 richmond gears. For brakes I have C5 cross drilled rotors and Z06 calipers in the front. Rears are ford exlporer 11.25 disc with cross drilled rotors. For the suspension I am using Ridetech's Cool ride set up in the front and rear with an Accuair E-level controller unit. For interior I am using a 2004 GTO dash, console, front and rear seats, custom door panels and other stuff. Heat, A/C, cruise controll, other creature comforts, economy, durability and performance are what I am looking for. So hopefully I will finish my ride some time this centrury.

ssick chevelle
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
very very nice ride bro. i look foward to see what ur gonna do to your chevelle. originality kick ass!

THE TECH
03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Awesome. Welcome to the forum fellow Chevelle owner!

Chevelle598bb
04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Well guys I wanted to update some info going on with the build. I am not going to use the air ride for right now due to getting a killer deal on a set of GW upper and lower front and rear arms. The coolrode front set up will not work with the GW arms and shockwaves are not in the budget right now. I am also ditching the gto dash. I have cut and cut and trimmed and more. I cannot get it to fit well. The dash is still too deep from the windsheild to the front of the dash. So I am king to use an ss dash with a covans insert. Along with the GW arms up front I am using a set of afco 5x9.5 650lns springs with adjustable cups. In the rear I am using a set of performance online 3 inch drop springs with 225lbs rate. I will use afco steel shocks all around, heavy in the front and medium in the rear. I finally decided on a color for the car. I will be using hok limetime green. On the hood between the body lines it will be flat black. I will be keeping the zo6 black wheels for now with 275/40/18 front and 295/40/18 rear. I will be a father soon and the wife told me to finish the car. But now I am on a tighter budget for now. Someday I will start a build thread.

dropit69
04-23-2011, 04:46 PM
welcome and nice ride love the sinister look it has..

Flash68
04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Looks great man. The black ZO6 wheels look great on there.

crazycarguy22
04-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Moar pictures!!! Great looking car, can't wait to see it when its finished.

CruizinKev
04-24-2011, 08:13 AM
wow looks great! can't wait to see more! welcome aboard!