PDA

View Full Version : I tried a new place for GM parts today

Motown 454
03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi I tried to order a steering speed sensor for my 99 Tahoe from GM parts direct 3 times and they didn't process my order because of a problem on their end. So I tried another place for GM parts. I just ordered today so we'll see how it goes. The big difference is GM parts direct wanted $20 shipping and these guys are shipping for nothing through UPS. I don't know about you but $20 for shipping is pretty heavy for this small part. Here's the link to
BestGMparts.net I don't know how their prices are for shipping other parts but the cost for the part was the same as GMpartsdirect. It might be worth a look. Wayne

THE TECH
03-01-2011, 08:58 AM
I did business with GMpartsdirect once and will never do it again. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Hopefully you will have good luck with this new place.

claytonisbob
03-01-2011, 09:21 AM
GM Parts Giant (http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/) worked for me. I realized the prices between most of them are usually pretty close once you figure shipping. All of them will probably have kinda crummy customer service, aside from Scoggin Dickey, who I think can get you most GM parts you'd need. You pay a little more, but they've got great customer service.

Randy67
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
GMpartsdirect.com high shipping costs are explained in the FAQ. At least they are honest about it. Here it is:
Why does shipping and handling fee seem so high?

GmPartsDirect.com sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee. This fee is not actual shipping charges only.

Keep in mind our overall price is a tremendous savings over retail price and in most cases is even cheaper than dealer wholesale shipped to your door step, and without leaving the convenience of the Mouse. Compare the overall price delivered to your door.

(In some cases our site may misprice parts. If you feel the pricing is incorrect please email us and we will gladly check on the part number in question).

If you find a lower delivered price at one of our competitors, please email us a screen shot and link of their delivered price and we will try to meet and beat their delivered price.

The shipping and handling pays for the shipping charges plus our other expenses like web programming, employees, etc. Another way to explain this is, we are selling you the part near published dealer cost, the shipping, and handling pays all of our expenses associated with running the web site. The amount left over after our expense is our profit.

I will check the other sites listed, never hurts to have options, need to save when we can.

Mr. Anderson
03-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Haven't had any first hand experience with them, but I don't like their above quoted policy.

No matter how you want to spin it, I wont spend any money with a company that charges inflated shipping to cover costs. If they need to make an extra $5 off of every single order to pay for running the business, then they need to incorporate that into the price of the product they sell.

They might be a dollar less than everyone else, giving themselves the right to say they are the cheapest in town...but when they hit you with the "handling" fees to make up for it, they cost the same. Don't spit in my face and tell me it's raining. I prefer to do business with companies who are straightforward.

Tony_SS
03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Don't spit in my face and tell me it's raining.

And don't crap on my head and expect me to thank you for the hat.

Mathius
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I used to use these guys years ago and was always happy with them: http://www.gm-auto-parts.com/

Haven't had to order a dealer part in a while though.

Mathius

novaderrik
03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
i've only ordered thru GMpartsdirect.com one time, and i was happy with it.
i ordered a set of C4 Vette front brake calipers and brackets from them. the cost to my door was about 3/4 of the bargain price i could have gotten thru my friend that worked a Chevy dealer parts counter and was able to sell to me at dealer cost.
i think it took 3 days for the UPS truck to show up with my parts- and it only took a year and a half for me to get around to putting them on the car after that..

Jesse@SDPC
03-04-2011, 09:23 AM
GM Parts Giant (http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/) worked for me. I realized the prices between most of them are usually pretty close once you figure shipping. All of them will probably have kinda crummy customer service, aside from Scoggin Dickey, who I think can get you most GM parts you'd need. You pay a little more, but they've got great customer service.

Thanks :) Not to mention we are here on the forum with you.

Defender67
03-04-2011, 09:58 PM
I have had good experiences with Gene at http://www.gmpartshouse.com/