PDA

View Full Version : LSx with aftermarket timing controller and carb.

ArtosDracon
03-01-2011, 05:12 AM
I'm hoping someone has some experience with this type set-up. I'd like to use either the MSD or Edelbrock timing controller with stock style truck coils but with a carb for fuel, as I plan on running dual impco 425s.

I understand it should work, but I'd really appreciate anyone who's actually done it, with gas or LPG, as the fundamentals are the same.

Thanks,

Robert

neki67
03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Why not go for Propane injection?

I'm interested in a set up with dual IMPCO 425's too but Propane injection combined with normal gasoline injection both controlled by the same ECM would be the best way forward IMO. I've read on the EFIlive.com forum you can use the GM ECM's and use different 12V switched ports on the ECM to either run the tune for Gas or the tune for LPG.

Otherwise I would try to find answers on the Australian LS forums. They have a long history w.r.t. to LS engines and Propane tuning.

ArtosDracon
03-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't want the wiring. The vehicle this is my daily torturer and I want a little wiring and as few moving parts as possible. This would absolutely be a first gen SBC build if you could still get aluminum blocks for any kind of reasonable price. I'll look around on the holden forums, didn't realize there were into propane, thanks!