PDA

View Full Version : I have a positive bone to pick with TCI

67zo6Camaro
02-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Wow dudes,,, you stepped up.

I know at the closing of the RTTC2 event, great comments were made and expressed about how venders step up and support these events. Some big and some small...but many to come forward. Some of these venders get recognition for most of their efforts...but some efforts or good acts do go unnoticed.

So, with that said, I want to give a big shout out and thanks to TCI for helping me fix and continue running my car for the Sunday event. I wish I was able to tell Bill Howell this prior to the closing so, you guys could get a public thanks.

I don't even use their stuff in my car...and they new this when I came to them to ask for help. Yep you guessed it, they stepped forward and said let me help.... as a matter of fact they said come to my shop tonight (Late Saturday night after a long day at El Toro) and we will hook you up so you can get back to the race on Sunday....

I run a front end on my car with a Mustang II type rack and pinion, and I keep blowing a seal and/or flexing the hard line on the rack so it leaks...sometimes like a cut arterie to the point it sprays the interior of the engine compartment. And that's exactly what it did on Sat.

So, I'm done fixing and trying to make my own hard lines on the rack, and I go to Sal asking for one of his rack and pinions on a short notice...+-4pm. We make arrangements and meet at the shop, they hand me extra parts to make sure I get it back together and I'm off running home missing the Taco Party at the Renner's in order to fix my car for the Sunday event.

The part is awsome and works like a charm with the thrashing all day. But, on my last fun run at the Autox,,, you guessed it, the F*&%% thing starts leaking at the same joint again.... I know in the back of my mind that one, something is flexing way to much and the rack hard line gets fatigued, or Two my pump pressure could be blowing that fitting point. Anyway I'm baffled. So, once again, I ask the advise of the TCI folks on the spot.... With their experience and knowledge we have a little pow wow looking into my engine compartment.

And as true, supporters...Once again, they said take that thing off and bring it back so we can fix and pressure test it and we will set you up with a flow reducing valve on that GM pump to rule out the pressure issues....and then we can key in on any flexing issues.

It's great having venders around like this at events to help you figure things out.
Thanks again to the team at TCI.

Brett

JEFFTATE
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
That is pretty awesome .
You see a lot of helping at the pro-touring events .

Cdog
02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
The TCI crew is awesome! They've been great support to Jack and I at Starlite garage.

DFRESH
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Evan, Sal & Jason are top notch---Evan and I represented the "One Wheel Squeelers" this weekend---what a blast. Glad you missed the party for the right reasons Brett---

Doug

67zo6Camaro
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Evan, Sal & Jason are top notch---Evan and I represented the "One Wheel Squeelers" this weekend---what a blast. Glad you missed the party for the right reasons Brett---

Doug

"Glad you missed the party"?.....ya you are probably right, I would have made a fool of myself after the Elvis Juice.

Always fun having ya around at the events.

Cheers
Brett

Bryce
03-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Way to go TCI!

67zo6Camaro
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
bump for mor exposure. Thanks again TCI

Brett

Scarelane
03-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Very cool!