PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a winner?

Van B
02-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Can't believe nothing has been posted yet.

RobNoLimit
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
The man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Brian Finch. congrats.

66SuperSport
02-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Congratulations to Mr. Finch. Makes the long ride home for him seem worth while for sure. Who won which segments?

Bill Howell
02-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Guys I am flying home today and will work on the spread sheets so we have something we can post up soon. Stand by, several surprises this weekend! It truely wasn't a runaway win for anyone, very tight competition yet a lot of fun for all involved.

Bill Howell
02-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Kyle Tucker won the Vendor's King of the Hill award, just edging out Ryan, so DSE was certainly on their game this weekend.

The Detroit Speed and Engineering Road Coarse results
1. Blake Foster-nova
2. Brian Hobaugh-vette
3. Brian Finch-camaro

Carbon Kustoms Autocross
1. Brian Hobaugh-vette
2. Mary Pozzi-camaro
3. Brian Finch-camaro

Baer Speed/Stop Challenge
1. Sal Solorzano-camaro
2. Kyle Newman-55 chevy
3. Mark Gearhart-2000 mustang

johnny68
02-28-2011, 07:56 AM
congrats to all it was a great time and great to meet everyone my son and i had a great time
special thanks to you blake make sure to save some goose for the gang back home
john

Nessumsar
02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
There were a lot of fast cars out there this year. Will be interesting to see all of the times.

The WidowMaker
02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
it was great to see all the cars run so well. any word on finch's motor? i saw him limp off after some smoke and then get back in line for the road course on saturday.

chevyhector
02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
My son Hector and my nephew Deaven were the winners ! Thay has a blast, thank you all for being so nice to them!

6'9"Witha69
02-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Everyone who showed up had a great time. Man was it fun being out there!

rrelco
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I had a BLAST....my Elcamino to me felt very nice, I just need to learn how to drive it thanks to Speed Tech for there suspension and congrats to Blake for there win..now all I need to do is go to some classes, install a 5 speed and LS motor.

thanks to everyone who put this event on I am hooked, and I will see you next year.

JEFFTATE
02-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a great event .

SLO_Z28
02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
How exactly was the event scored?

Bow Tie 67
02-28-2011, 05:46 PM
My son Hector and my nephew Deaven were the winners ! Thay has a blast, thank you all for being so nice to them!

The look on their faces after experiencing the autocross Priceless. ..

I had a great time as a volunteer and meeting west coast members face to face. These guys and gals know how to beat the crap out of their cars!!

powertvmark
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Holy crap I actually got 3rd in the speed stop!!? Wow, do I get a bronze metal for that? Also it's a 2011 Mustang :)

Will you have complete results with times? I'd like to see how I placed on the rest of the courses.

chevyhector
02-28-2011, 07:00 PM
The look on their faces after experiencing the autocross Priceless. ..

I had a great time as a volunteer and meeting west coast members face to face. These guys and gals know how to beat the crap out of their cars!!

Omg Matt! Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting my boys ride in your Camaro! I really appreciate your kindness! And here I thought I wasnt gonna be able to thank you, bcz I never got your name. But now I do! Thanks Matt n God bless.

Bow Tie 67
02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Omg Matt! Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting my boys ride in your Camaro! I really appreciate your kindness! And here I thought I wasnt gonna be able to thank you, bcz I never got your name. But now I do! Thanks Matt n God bless.

No it wasn't me driving, I was working the corner across from them. ( Hmmm that sounds bad LOL ) I was the one all bundled up with the gloves, hat ect.... I'm not sure what the other members name was, but I believe he is the one that won the forgelines last year.

SLO_Z28
03-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Holy crap I actually got 3rd in the speed stop!!? Wow, do I get a bronze metal for that? Also it's a 2011 Mustang :)

Will you have complete results with times? I'd like to see how I placed on the rest of the courses.

No offense, but late model stuff doesn't count. Placeholder IMO.

powertvmark
03-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Doesn't count why?

formula
03-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Abs and tcs change the whole speed stop game.

Why was Dse in a different class than speedtech, Newman, tci, etc?

powertvmark
03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Ok I can see the advantages of ABS. Traction control was never on the entire event. But I still have a hard time believing someone with decent power and brakes (the majority of cars out there) couldn't stop just as well. I have/do own many non ABS-assisted cars and they can be just as effective if you know the vehicle's braking threshold.

SLO_Z28
03-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Abs and tcs change the whole speed stop game.

^this.

No offense dude, but this is a "pro-touring" event, your car is cool but its in the exhibition class with that 850hp GT.

DJW32
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
^this.

No offense dude, but this is a "pro-touring" event, your car is cool but its in the exhibition class with that 850hp GT.

The Ford GT was in the exhibition class? Why? I assume he wasn't running the proper tires tread wear?

73CPCAMARO
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
^this.

I am not a "pro-touring" expert, but here is the quote from Bill about the rules:

Originally Posted by Nessumsar
Bill, what year cars are permitted? I see on the registration form that in the "year" spot for the car it mentions "1981 and older only"; but I remember in a previous post you mentioned it was all-years?

All years welcomed as always. Only 81 or older eligible for winning trophy, since we are protouring but it is just a $10 trophy, and bragging rights. Remember, we are more about the event and friends. Also, as mentioned above, 1976 and older eligible for contengency money.
Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

6'9"Witha69
03-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Correct, no trophy, no placement. 3rd will go to someone else. Just like I was runnig a newer car, albeit nowhere near competitive, was ineligible for anything.

powertvmark
03-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh no I hope we don't become divided. Import vs domestic I get, but domestic late-model vs domestic early-model, I think that is too much. Honestly though, I wasn't out there for a trophy anyway and I would have still gone if it was just an open track day - I just wanted to go racing with a bunch of fellow domestic lovers....regardless of year.

Bill Howell
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
My above quote is correct. We offer a $5 trophy and bragging rights, that is it. I think having a good mix of new and old helps us know where we are at with our cars. When you see the results posted you will see it is not separated by years or by sponsors, media, vendors or anything else, just raw comparisons. I get more grief over this and frankly don't understand it all. Todd and I have talked about anti-lock vs non anti-lock. Fact is some high end hot rods (Jackass and Mark's new car) have anti-lock. I think that will be the norm in a few years, watch and see. If we were perfect drivers, we wouldn't need the help, but until then, it certainly is cool to have one or two there for comparison.

CarlC
03-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I get more grief over this and frankly don't understand it all.

Werd. There were only two positions that really mean something. 1) Winning the OUSCI slot, and 2) Having fun. The rest is quickly forgotten.

powertvmark
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
My above quote is correct. We offer a $5 trophy and bragging rights, that is it. I think having a good mix of new and old helps us know where we are at with our cars. When you see the results posted you will see it is not separated by years or by sponsors, media, vendors or anything else, just raw comparisons. I get more grief over this and frankly don't understand it all. Todd and I have talked about anti-lock vs non anti-lock. Fact is some high end hot rods (Jackass and Mark's new car) have anti-lock. I think that will be the norm in a few years, watch and see. If we were perfect drivers, we wouldn't need the help, but until then, it certainly is cool to have one or two there for comparison.

Could agree with you anymore Bill!