PDA

View Full Version : Short video of the start and stop at RTTC2.

DJW32
02-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Here is a short video of the RTTC start/stop challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4-PiV5v38

-The Stig-
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Sweet video. thanks for sharing.

67 ls1 vert
02-28-2011, 10:42 AM
is there an on board computer that tell the drivers that they have reached a certain speed? This is the 60 to 0 challenge, right? Looks like fun to me.

DJW32
02-28-2011, 10:49 AM
is there an on board computer that tell the drivers that they have reached a certain speed? This is the 60 to 0 challenge, right? Looks like fun to me.

No, this is more of a step on the gas until you get to the brake zone.

SLO_Z28
02-28-2011, 03:37 PM
You guys didn't get to play in the rain like my group did, was a ton of fun and a great challange. Did you get the timing equipment working at 1000feet like our group did? Also the end zone looks different, is the guy still down there judging if it was a clean run or not? That guy had balls of steel to stand that close.

79-TA
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
You guys didn't get to play in the rain like my group did, was a ton of fun and a great challange. Did you get the timing equipment working at 1000feet like our group did? Also the end zone looks different, is the guy still down there judging if it was a clean run or not? That guy had balls of steel to stand that close.

I spectated on Saturday before running my car on Sunday . . . did anyone get to play in the rain? The only wet spot I saw was that mud puddle on the road course. Did you guys have some damp morning runs?

After the trouble with the equipment the first day, they went to a backup set of timing beams and changed the distance. Unfortunately, none of the results from the first day's start stop challenge counted due to the technical difficulties.

Yep, there was still a judge at the stop box.

79-TA
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
I spectated on Saturday before running my car on Sunday . . . did anyone get to play in the rain? The only wet spot I saw was that mud puddle on the road course. Did you guys have some damp morning runs?

After the trouble with the equipment the first day, they went to a backup set of timing beams and changed the distance. Unfortunately, none of the results from the first day's start stop challenge counted due to the technical difficulties.

Well, this answers my question:

DJW32
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if that ford gt was running mufflers? That car sounded amazing!

SLO_Z28
03-01-2011, 04:55 AM

I was launching 20 foot rooster tails of standing water, it was wet. Kind of BS on the first days results not counting. I take it they used something other than equestrian timing equipment on day 2?