PDA

View Full Version : Ideas??

gtome
06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I bought this car with PT in mind. I am having a hard time coming up with ideas for it. Anyone have suggestions. I would also like to keep it fairly low buck because I am also restoring a 1970 GTO Judge. It has a decent paint job, but I was thinking two tone. Also the interior is the same color as the car, with some dark blue accents. I was also thinking of 17" or 18" wheels, wide as possible without mini tubs. I was thinking nice and low but no bags for the low buck thing. I am going to do the paint myself, so if dechroming it looks good, it will be done as well, there is a chrome stripe that runs down the side (see the holes?). Photoshop pics would be cool!!

gtome
06-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Well....I thought maybe i could get some ideas here...maybe I should have bought a Camero? I did see a car on this site, and found it on this years power tour that was very cool. It gave me a couple of ideas. ( If the owner would like them I have several more pics of the car taken at the PT) Maybe it will generate some other ideas too!

pushrod243
06-12-2005, 12:58 PM
gto give it time you should get some responeses the board was down the past couple days. Theres a lot of Camaros here but we are all gearheads. Goats are cool.

Bill Howell
06-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Uh, I may have a few ideas on such a car. If you go the the project update section and look for the "new project" thread I started, you will find too many ideas. Attached is one idea that should wet your whistle, you will just need to add the top :lmao:
The site has been down since you posted, but trust me, there are several here that can help you spend your money-lol
Frank should be posting some new pictures anytime in that thread of the narrowed frame and mini tub job.
There is another nice GTO that Steven did an article on in last month's PHR. Different direction than my car, but nice nice car.

gtome
06-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh, I have been gone for the last few days and didnt know the site was down. (not that I was dogging it anyway) That is a great picture! Kinda hurts too, I just sold my 65 389 tripower, 4-speed convertable, and now wish I had it back! That pic is exactly what I am looking to do, but would like to take a more low-buck route. I am trying to get away with not having to redo the interior because it is mint, also I hope to be able to use the same color on one half of the car. The color matches the interior and the day I took the pictures was the first time that paint has seen daylight. I wouldnt mind repainting though, I work at a place that sells paint (read:cheap or free) and I have done plenty of paint jobs. But with the color matching the interior, I figured I would just use it on one half. Just not sure what would go with that color? I also may fill in all the trim holes, requireing new paint. I was thinking about some 17" Torq Thrust II, but am open to other ideas as long as they arent real expensive. I am just trying to gather some ideas now, the interior smells pretty bad and I may end up having to replace it. So, if I have to replace the interior, that will open things up to many new options. I hope to be able to get the smell out and use that money for an engine replacement. If anyone knows of somthing that works for getting a smell out, please let me know! Also any ideas on a paint scheme or photoshop pics would be greatly appriciated.

astroracer
06-13-2005, 02:35 AM
If the interior has a musty smell replacing the carpet and having the headliner and seats steam cleaned will get rid of most of it. A little time and a few "pine trees" will finish it off. Make sure you look for a water leak while you've got her apart.
Mark

gtome
06-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the tip! I already have the carpet out, I just happened to still have the carpet I bought for the 65 GTO before I sold it laying around. I think I will leave the back seat and carpet out until I can get the smell out. I may also go ahead and replace the headliner since it is fairly inexpensive?

gtome
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Still no ideas or photoshoping??

gtome
07-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Ok....my paint jobber is having lots of trouble matching this paint color. He has offered to GIVE me whatever paint I want for all the trouble. So, any ideas or photoshop renderings in any configuration would be appriciated. I have to make a decision soon, so I wanted to come here to see what everyone could come up with. I am a painter, so price of doing the work is non-existant. Lets see some cool stuff...ready to get rolling on this thing!!

Thanks in advance!

By the way, here is a pic of the interior. If we can match it, great, if we cant, it will come out!

deadcarny
07-09-2005, 11:34 AM
in the late 60's, Chevrolet used a nantucket blue....that would match that interior perfectly by the looks of the pic. I am a sucker for using Graphite or Pewter with the existing color as part of a 2 tone scheme. the Pewter would be something different with the light blue!

gtome
07-09-2005, 01:03 PM
That is an interesting idea! I was looking at some colors yesterday and kind of liked a champagne pearl(?spelling) and some of the pewter pearl colors. Just wish I could see what it would look like two-toned before I did it. I may do somthing that doesnt involve the factory color at all. Just not sure yet! Keep the ideas comming!

formula
07-09-2005, 03:03 PM
yeah its crappy.....you get the idea though

gtome
07-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Not bad!! Keep em comming!!

deadcarny
07-09-2005, 04:55 PM
formula, that blue is too dark, lighten it up to interior color and see how it looks for him!

formula
07-10-2005, 07:56 PM
ehhh.....blehh....im gonna have to work on it some more.

gtome
07-11-2005, 06:41 AM
OK....looks like that blue color is gonna have to go!! Nothing seems to go with that color. Lets try some other colors! I got a copy of photoshop 10 yesterday, but cant seem to figure it out. I went to a few of the photoshop tutorial sitesl, but they are all for older versions. Maybe if I could figure it out I could contribute too! Thanks for all your work on those. I was really considering going with the blue on top and silver on the sides, but after seeing it, I dont like it. Maybe some totally different colors is what this car needs.

teamplex65
07-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Hey gtome,

Thats my car you caught on power tour. Ill answer any questions you have. It is bagged to get her that low but I can help with wheel size and such as i wouldnt go any bigger on the rear and the front is pushing it.

Ask away and I will help anyway I can. If you end up dechroming it and yours is in very good shape I would be interested as well.

Just ask.

Steve

Bill Howell
07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey gtome,

Thats my car you caught on power tour. Ill answer any questions you have. It is bagged to get her that low but I can help with wheel size and such as i wouldnt go any bigger on the rear and the front is pushing it.

Ask away and I will help anyway I can. If you end up dechroming it and yours is in very good shape I would be interested as well.

Just ask.

Steve
Steve,
What size do you have on the front?
Thanks,
Bill

gtome
07-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks Steve! Your car is what inspired me to buy mine, so I will definately be looking you up. Just trying to get this paint thing worked out, looks like I might have to redo the interior too, I am in the process of getting a new engine for it, so, I am just waiting to see what kind of cash I can spend on lowering and wheels.This is supposed to kinda be my project low buck, it seems to be turning into project plenty-o-bucks!!

teamplex65
07-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Bill the wheels are

Front: 17X7.5
Rear: 18X9.5

I cant remember the backspacing right off the top of my head but i bought the wheels used and had to stick a few spacers behind them to get them not to rub. I can look at the tire and backspacing next time im out in the garage.

i believe we are using corvette size tires on the rear and the front corvette tires are 245, but we went down to 225's to fit the tire better.

teamplex65
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM
gtome, They are always more than you think. Any questions just ask.

http://www.c2all.com/pictureshare/default.asp?ID=239-11.22

This is a very quick overview of the car, I have over 1200 pics of the build so should be able to find a pic if you need it.

gtome
07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks alot teamplex65, im sure there will be plenty of questions to come! I am just trying to decide what direction I want to go with this thing. I am going to paint this car Thursday (not shure what yet!) Also, I am going Friday to pick up a mild 455 and turbo 400 for it, that 215 has got to go! I am going to throw it in on Saturday, measure for the shortened driveshaft, and hopefully have it back by Tuesday. Put it in, color sand and buff it, put it back together.......and drive it! Getting really excited about it now. I may just get a set of rally 2's for it for now, but tork thrust 2's are another option (just more expensive). That is the plan so far....hopefully I can stay on track with this.

Thanks for all your help

Mike