PDA

View Full Version : Hp

nova385
06-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Can any one estimate the hp of this engine.

383 stroker
forged piston -.040
eagle rotating assembly
camel hump head 64 cc, reworked for roller rockers
single plane victor jr intake
holley 750 vac. sec.
headers
stock ingnition

streetk14
06-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I'ts hard to judge with out more information. What cam are you going to run? Has any port work been done to the heads? Also, I'd advise you to go with a dual-plane intake like a performer rpm. I've seen them work great on even a 401 ci, 550 hp small block. The victor jr. is fine for a high-rpm engine (over 6000), but you will lose some low-end power and driveability. With the stock heads and right cam, you might be able to get 350 hp out of it. Your heads are the limiting factor. If your goal is for more power, I'd strongly consider upgrading the heads if your budget allows. You aren't going to be able to make big power numbers with that combo, but that doesn't mean that it can't be a fun, torquey, street engine.
-Andy

nova385
06-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm usesing the com cam XE274H. I have to use these heads for the mean time my budget doesnt allow for any else. So you suggest useing a dual plane instead of the single plane? I've heard many people say this to me, I guess this would be another futher upgrade I'm do to the engine. Thanks