PDA

View Full Version : RTTC II - Live videos! (almost)

Larry Callahan
02-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I picked up a new Iphone and I will try uploading videos several times a day this weekend to my YouTube page. You can watch them at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProTouringdotcom

Chad-1stGen
02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Cool idea Larry. Hope they have good coverage there. Maybe I can do the same on Sunday :)

Also planning to debuet my GoPro HD camera there though I still have no idea how to edit video from it

RAFTRACER
02-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Cool....Who's Corvette was that in the autocross video ???? That wouldn't have been the Hobaughs old car would it have been ???

Did that Corvette hold on to FTD ????

Old Corvettes are AWESOME !!!!

dropit69
02-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks Larry ..for those that couldn't be there...

SLO_Z28
02-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Cool....Who's Corvette was that in the autocross video ???? That wouldn't have been the Hobaughs old car would it have been ???

Did that Corvette hold on to FTD ????

Old Corvettes are AWESOME !!!!

It was Hobaugh in his vette. It was almost embarrassing to run after him. FTD?

RAFTRACER
02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
FTD= Fastest Time of the Day..

Brian is one hell of a shoe....his dad not so bad either......

So......did the Hobaugh car win the autocross ??? Was it on legal tires for Pro-Touring events ??

73CPCAMARO
02-28-2011, 07:54 AM
FTD= Fastest Time of the Day..

Brian is one hell of a shoe....his dad not so bad either......

So......did the Hobaugh car win the autocross ??? Was it on legal tires for Pro-Touring events ??

I was on 200 tread wear Nitto NT05's. Not what I am used to, but they worked pretty good. The old Corvette still has it. I will post some video later today or tomorrow.

Flash68
02-28-2011, 07:57 AM
I was on 200 tread wear Nitto NT05's. Not what I am used to, but they worked pretty good. The old Corvette still has it. I will post some video later today or tomorrow.

Congrats Brian - great showing out there and nice meeting you and your pops - that Vette is like a slot car. Very fun to watch.

Nessumsar
02-28-2011, 08:46 AM

It's funny, your Corvette and my Nova were wearing the same tires; will be interesting seeing the time differences!

THE TECH
02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Maybe it was just me, but when I clicked the link I got an error. Had to paste it into the browser to get it to work. Just a heads up. Thanks for posting the vid though.

67zo6Camaro
02-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks Larry, cool Iphone up load... yes Brians vette can move some pavement.

RAFTRACER
02-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Hey Brian.....Danny Popp if you remember me. Long time there my friend.

I knew as soon as I saw the video, that had to be you. Good to know you still run the old car. I ran mine for the 1st time in 5 years last fall at the RTTH6....but I ran on A6's. Next time it'll be on legal tires. Old Vettes are kewl. Haven't resto-modded mine yet either....still a "knuckle dragger" :)

Take care, Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

73CPCAMARO
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Brian.....Danny Popp if you remember me. Long time there my friend.

I knew as soon as I saw the video, that had to be you. Good to know you still run the old car. I ran mine for the 1st time in 5 years last fall at the RTTH6....but I ran on A6's. Next time it'll be on legal tires. Old Vettes are kewl. Haven't resto-modded mine yet either....still a "knuckle dragger" :)

Take care, Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Danny,

Of course I remember racing with you back in Kansas. Lot's of fun. Seen some of your videos and looking good. Our Corvette has a little more power than when we went against each other, but basically unchanged from 15 years ago. It will not ever get resto modded. We did a lot of good things back then and it still works. I would love to run with you some day with the "200+" tires. We have to represent the original pro-touring.

Larry Callahan
02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry guys I didn't post more videos. I kept shooting them but my new Iphone stopped uploading after just a few. I still can't get this stupid thing to work. I may just take it back. I thought with all the hype that this was the bomb. For me it's been a bust.

RAFTRACER
03-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Sorry guys I didn't post more videos. I kept shooting them but my new Iphone stopped uploading after just a few. I still can't get this stupid thing to work. I may just take it back. I thought with all the hype that this was the bomb. For me it's been a bust.

Regardless you still get an "A" for effort.......I thoroughly enjoyed the vidoes that you sent to us from my cold environment....