PDA

View Full Version : 1965 "BADDRIDES" Nova .......gotta see this build!

BADDRIDE II
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
DSE MINI TUBS,DSE FRONT CLIP (with custom billet hubs), DSE 4-LINK, FABRICATED "FULL FLOATER" 9" W/300M 35 SPLINE GUN DRILLED AXLES & MOSER ALUMINUM 3RD MEMBER W/WAVE-TRAC, WILWOOD 14" ROTORS W/6 PISTON RADIAL MOUNT CALIPERS FRONT & REAR. Will soon see a LS ENGINE W/T-56! STAY TUNED FOR THIS BADDRIDE!:drive:

cobragt
02-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Very cool!

67 ls1 vert
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM
where in California are you guys?

BADDRIDE II
02-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks cobragt! As for location BADDRIDES is located in Lancaster CA. It is a home based Fab Shop owned by my friend "Danny" and assisted by me. We are a hard core 62-67 Nova group, but as most.....will tackle all! We have a lot of sources to get custom parts made when needed. The Fabricated 9 is the first of its kind, being a full floater with 35 spline, Hubs are custom,300M gun drilled axles are custom, Housing & bracketry are custom. We have also taken the DSE front C6 clip to a higher level with the custom replacement spindle/hub with improved bearing design! Both front/rear hubs are designed for some serious side loads that traditional set-ups cannot handle. (see pics) I personally live in Murrieta and am not be far from you.....I travel to Lancaster for "project time". Looks like you have a serious project of your own.......posts some pics so we can see.

parsonsj
02-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Nice looking stuff. Tell us more about the custom replacement spindle/hub with improved bearing design.. . I'm keenly interested. :)

jp

67chevILL
02-22-2011, 09:48 AM
WHat??? you live in Murrieta and travel to Lancaster! what a drive!
Nice work though!..

baddrides
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
the picture's look tough jay!

Jon Clough
02-22-2011, 08:02 PM
With all of those parts, it should be a killer project.

Bryce
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
cool stuff! I really want to see the progress on this one!

BADDRIDE II
02-22-2011, 09:28 PM
APPRECIATE ALL THE POSITIVE FEED BACK.....IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND THANKS TO DANNY AT "BADDRIDES" & OTHERS, IT IS A PIECE OF ART AND SHOULD BE DRIVABLE FOR JULY! BADDRIDES IS ALL ABOUT OVERKILL!

THE C5/C6 HUBS ARE UNDERGOING LAST PHASE OF FITMENT/ETC. AND WILL POST UP MORE INFO WHEN COMPLETE, BUT TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT......BIGGER BEARINGS...WIDER SPREAD. THESE HUBS WILL ADD +1/2" OUTWARD WHEEL SPACING AND WILL SELL FOR AROUND $1400 A PAIR. STAY TUNED!:jawdrop:

parsonsj
02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
These hubs will add +1/2" outward wheel spacing and will sell for around $1400 a pair. Stay tuned! Will do. BTW, all upper case means you're yelling on the internet. I don't think you meant that.

Keep us posted!

jp

robsquezn
02-22-2011, 10:53 PM
nice ride

Coursey
02-23-2011, 05:43 AM
Nice Nova!!!

Ron.in.SoCal
02-23-2011, 10:36 AM
That's the way to do it. Nice build plan and list of parts...

BADDRIDE II
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Will do. BTW, all upper case means you're yelling on the internet. I don't think you meant that.

Keep us posted!

jp Sorry, I got lazy and just hit caps. I am not one to yell unless I see a nice car go bye! I will update you as soon as things are available.

Scarelane
02-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Very cool! 1965 was a unique year for the Nova.

BADDRIDE II
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice Nova!!! Thanks Coursey! I have always owned Novas and are usually more 1/4 mile oriented.........this is my first go at a Pro Tour/Autocross/Driver. I feel Novas have been left in the shadows when it comes to serious parts (personal opinion) but was extremely happy when talked with DSE over a year ago about the NEW items to come for the 62-67 Novas. I am pretty pleased with the DSE components overall. Although they still do not have the fender supports or inner fender panels done yet! I will say.....DSE items have been worth the wait up to this point.

Coursey
02-24-2011, 02:49 AM
The DSE stuff is great. It wasn't out yet when I did my front end (church boys racing).
Do you have this build posted on stevesnovasite.com? It's a great nova site, they would love this build.

Good job!!

wiedemab
02-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Awesome build! That rear end is a beast.

Subscribing!

craigs73
02-24-2011, 09:29 PM
We are a hard core 62-67 Nova group, but as most.....will tackle all!

you a member over at stevesnovasite.com lots of great guys over there all nova nuts im over there if not you should check it out

BADDRIDE II
02-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone, for those who asked, I am a SNS member and agree it is a true Nova lovers site and endless source of info, great people too. Update for all that are following this post........I will be posting up many new pics end of next weekend. I will be mounting up complete rearend, complete front suspension (w/new hubs) & all Brakes/Calipers! I will also be trial fitting the LS engine as well........lot of cool stuff to come! Thanks for all the interest!

coolwelder62
03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Cool project.I love these little shoe box nova's.The dse componets really let tem drive well.Please keep us posted.

BADDRIDE II
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Cool project.I love these little shoe box nova's.The dse componets really let tem drive well.Please keep us posted.

I enjoy all cars for the most part, but I am really partial to the 62-67 Novas! The DSE components are VERY well made. I cannot wait to get this sucker on the road. I will definately be sharing this BADDRIDE build as it progresses. Thanks for the interest.

Coursey
03-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Do you have links to any past builds?

craigs73
05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
hey wheres those pics........................ttttt were waiting lol

BADDRIDE II
06-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Billet C5 Hub w/rotor adapter, 383cu LS w/supercharger, T-56 Magnum 6 speed.:naughty:

GRNOVA
06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Project looks like it is coming along. Are those DSE headers? Did you move the engine back? what is the angle of the engine at the front of the balancer. I am at the same point as you I just have a 4l80e.

Sorry for so many questions!

baddrides
06-05-2011, 06:56 PM
jay,.... we made a big hole for that 6 speed!........

BADDRIDE II
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Project looks like it is coming along. Are those DSE headers? Did you move the engine back? what is the angle of the engine at the front of the balancer. I am at the same point as you I just have a 4l80e.

Sorry for so many questions!

Yes on the headers, they are DSE and now I am broke! I also run the DSE engine mounts so it is placed according to their liking.....I will say however it is a little tight at the firewall at the wiper motor "bump". As you can see I run a tall Billet cover that is probably worst case scenario though. I would have liked approx. 1/4" more clearance or so, and may still get made another engine adaptor plate that puts me forward by that amount.........but with the DSE header, that is about max before the header will actually rub on the subframe in a area. As for the engine "angle".........I am approx. 3.5 degrees tilted back. This is basically right were it needs to be....any more and the valve cover hits wiper motor "bump" and any less the header band clamp/collector/flange/etc. will hit the floor board. So 3.5 degrees it is! My ride is out for a Stainless cage & oval exhaust at the moment..........but then it is back to BADDRIDES for brake/fuel lines. (BADDRIDES is more than capable of cage/exhaust work, but due to my choice of "Stainless" Danny referred me to another source that is well hursed in stainless as it is a different animal so to speak). Your project is looking mean, I saw some pics on another post. I should have some pics of the cage & exhaust by end of week.

BADDRIDE II
06-05-2011, 08:22 PM
jay,.... we made a big hole for that 6 speed!........

Oh.......now its we! :dunno: Looks like we have room for that future 8 speed! Don't you think your name should be BADDRIDE I since you are "BADDRIDES"? :hail: