PDA

View Full Version : harness conversions

Ishmael
02-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Who does harness conversions? I know there are a lot of companies that supply a hanress for the conversion but who actually takes your harness and converts it? How hard is it to do yourself? Any tips on either of these would be appreciated.
thanks
Scott

1badchevelle
02-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Scott for the cost I am going with PSI. I rather have it done right and know it will work.

Ishmael
02-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I talked to PSI wait4me speartech howell and retrolsx today. One didn't want to swap the harness over to auto on a 58x reluctor. Right now it looks like retrolsx because they will do the work including the ecm for $100s less. I'm just wondering if there is anybody else out there that people have had experience with. I'm over at ls1tech as well and there's a guy there that may be able to help me. There are guys that are good at this stuff that don't advertise well but don't mind making a few hundred dollars. I'm trying to find those guys. Otherwise it'll be retrolsx. They are also making some new mounts and crossmember and they will be getting the pans holley made off theirs so I may one-stop shop. But I'm open to hearing about anybody and if you are afraid of offending anybody please pm.
thanks
Scott

Ishmael
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Here's the info I found at ls1tech: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1388511-who-converts-harnesses.html

1badchevelle
02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
I see you have posted this same question with similar results. You can go with a guy Pming you and giving you a low price. There was at one time several guys taking them for a ride. You can actually see one of them on egay that does rework or will build you a harness for a fraction of the cost but also has a bad rep. If you are looking to convert your own harness this is your best shot http://www.lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm you can contact him with any questions. If you are looking to buy one made well you already know of the big name and some of the smaller ones like PSI. I have also talked with all the companies above but at the end decided on PSI. I will be ordering my harness in the next week, For the price and info he has giving well worth it. Speartech and wait4me are good.

DJW32
02-23-2011, 09:37 AM
I would use speartech. He did a great job on my wiring harness.