PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Legth Spacers?

deadcarny
06-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Anybody ever check these out? Do they help a lot? I have stock Drum spindles on the chevelle and do not want to use the Taller spindles due to all the cons of it....
here the spacers are (https://www.pro-motorsports.com/store/product.asp?id=66)

Marcus SC&C
06-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Those have been around in different variations for awhile. Originally the concept was intended to allow more front suspension droop in drag cars. There is some info on them on David Pozzi`s site. The general concensus of both those who have analyzed the geometry with those installed and those who have run them is that in order for the BJ studs to fit in the housing in that manner they need to make the housing too tall. This raises the RC too much for ideal handling and results in jacking (porpoising) in hard cornering. In other words they pass the point of diminishing returns and start going the down hill again. It`s the right idea but not the ideal excecution. We found a much better combination to be taller upper AND lower ball joints combined with adj. UCAs that allow for proper UBJ travel and a wide range of alignment settings. We call it Street Comp Stage 2. This setup corrects the camber curves and raises the RC to modern performance car standards. It also eliminates about 80% of the factory bumpsteer. Combined with the right alignment settings it`s very impressive on the road (even with soft springs and small swaybars). The car becomes a lot more eager and tossable in the turns with less body roll and great manners. You can check it out at www.SCandC.com The A body package isn`t listed but it`s very similar to the G body one. Marcus

Blown353
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey Marcus, quick question... can you do your G5 setup on the earlier 68-72 A-body chassis? Or do you have something sneaky up your sleeve down the road?

Looking to right the wrongs in my B-body spindle swap. LOL.

deadcarny
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks Marcus! Is the Price for the A-body one the same as for the G-body one as well? The Stage 2 kit will work with stock [drum] spindles, right? If so, I will definately put your site on my list of favorites for next time I have $$ to spend! Since my dad came down and did my sheetmetal work for me, that is money I can invest in the places I wanted it to begin with (Suspension)!