PDA

View Full Version : Ride height examples

19,69camaro
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
So I have been looking around for examples of ride heights and have come across a few problems. One is that there really isn't a universal measurement. People talk about everything from rockers to frame rails and quarter panels. I have a 69 camaro and it would make sense to measure from the seam at the bottom of the rocker panel. Not all cars are alike. Who knows, you may have a poorly hung quarter that is throwing everything off or rolled lips. What I am looking for is a general guideline for protouring cars. According to my measurements and mockup I’m looking at 5.5” from the bottom of the rocker seam with a 275/40/18 tire in the rear. I am trying to imitate a stance similar to Red Devil. Does that sound right? Also most camaros are slightly lower in the front, but by how much?

Also while I have you here does anyone know how to locate a 1969 camaro rearend in the correct position. My car was crashed and all my measurements I took before I disassembles were off and im now trying to install my 3-link